Chapter 14: Why?

~Kaitlynn’s Point of View~

“Do you want to come with us and watch the concert?” Harry asked me with an expectant smile. Why was he smiling so much?

“Don’t get mad at me…” I said with a shy smile. He raised his eyebrow at me and gave me a half-smile. “I’ve never actually listened to your music.” I said and immediately regretted it.

“You’re coming with us and you’ll be first row!” Harry announced with a determined tone and nodded his head assertively once as if to conclude his statement.

“How many people will be there?” I asked nervously, listening to the sounds of what seemed like billions of girls screaming to the sight of the parked bus.

“Dunno. Maybe five or six thousand. We’re not that famous. Yet.” He said with a huge smile. I dropped my jaw and he laughed and shrugged his shoulders like what he said wasn’t a big deal.

“I… that’s a lot of people.” I said quietly.

“We’re the ones on the stage, Love.” He said with a cheeky smile.

“Fine, I’ll come.” I said with a very shaky voice. He cheered like a five-year-old whilst clapping his hands and jumping up and down excitedly.

“We could give you a shoutout!” he said happily.

“No!” I quickly said before this will become a real thing. No way in hell am I going to let people know about Niall being my brother or that I even know the band.

“Okay, okay. No shoutouts.” He said and raised his hands up in defence. “But we should get going now. Everyone’s already at the venue. Oh by the way, if you don’t want people recognising you or taking your pictures, I would suggest putting your sunglasses on and your hoodie might not be a bad idea, either. You’d be surprised what headlines reach the media…” Harry advised me and handed me a pair of shades. I shoved them up my nose and pulled my Script hoodie over my hair and followed Harry out the bus, but before we got out, I pulled his hand and stopped him nervously.

“Harry?” I asked with a fearful tone from all the screaming girls. “Don’t… don’t leave me behind.” I said, sounding like a total child. He laughed and nodded with a smile. I tugged along behind Harry as he was holding my sleeve-covered hand tightly. The girls were behind metal fences and loads of security guards, but they still managed to scare the living shit out of me.

Within a few minutes of walking quickly as pretending like the crowd never existed, Harry and I reached the venue and all of the lads were staring at us weirdly. Then I noticed that Harry still held my hand. I took it away and broke apart awkwardly, but he had on a cheeky smile. I swear, his nickname will be Cheeky from now on.

“What took you so long?” Niall asked with an agitated tone.

“We didn’t notice the time. Actually, Kaitlynn found this really cool Australian band called -”

“Get your arses up stage right now!” the man from earlier, Simon I think, shouted at the lads. Was he their manager or something?

“Are you watching the concert tonight?” the one with the squeaky voice, red trousers, white Vans, and black braces said. I think his name was Luis or something. I totally managed to forget. Okay, I am shit with names. I only memorised the 5SOS names because they’re… well… they’re amazing. Plus, I’ve watched them hundreds of times. I remember Harry’s name, because I chatted with him for about two hours, and Liam’s name, because… I don’t really know. I guess it’s because he was the first to introduce himself to me. Actually, he was the only one to introduce himself. I guess the others just assume I already know them? Cocky bastards… I thought.