Chapter 14 - The Jealous Green Monster Again

Aparna looked at the glittering Rajput Mansion from the car window just as Dhruv opened the door for her. Smiling at him, she was about to step out holding on to the window sill when he placed his hand on hers. Looking up at him, she got out holding on to his hand.

Guiding her inside, Dhruv flicked his gaze towards the lone car standing around the corner and smiled.

Nishant grabbed the steering wheel with effort as Dhruv folded his palm in hers. Frowning, he looked on as they went inside together. Since morning, he had tried his best to avoid her but now seeing her with Dhruv drove him mad. All he wanted to do was take her away from everything. Releasing the steering wheel, Nishant got down from the car and walked towards the house.

Dhruv was busy introducing Aparna to the stalwarts of the industry when he saw Nishant walk in. Smiling, he placed a hand on Aparna's back and steered her towards the bar. He could feel Nishant fuming but frankly Dhruv was enjoying this. At least, this way maybe Nishant would realise the truth.

Suddenly, he saw Rushali clutching Nishant's arm from behind. Dhruv felt elated as he watched both of them. It was time to check if Aparna felt anything for Nishant. Whispering something in her ear, he turned her and gestured towards the embracing couple.

As Aparna's eyes fell on Nishant hugging Rushali, a shot of jealousy passed through her veins. She turned away towards the bar and kept down the glass with trembling fingers.

"Where's the washroom?" she asked avoiding to look at Dhruv.

Dhruv pointed towards his right and watched her as she manoeuvred her way through the crowd. He flicked his eyes towards Nishant and saw him watching Aparna go.

Such fools!

Aparna closed the washroom door and looked at herself. Why did you have to come here? Isn't it torture enough to face him at the office? Then why this now? Leave, Aparna, before it's too late.

Picking up her clutch from the counter, she turned and opened the door. Determined to leave, she was about to approach the main door when she heard her name being called from behind.

"Where are you going? Siddha Bhaiya is looking for you. Come on," Dhruv said dragging her towards the stage.

Aparna tried her best to stop him but couldn't. Just as they reached the stage, she saw Nishant and Rushali standing with Siddha and Roshni. Avoiding looking at them, she concentrated on the newly wedded couple. Hugging both of them, she was about to get down from the stage when Roshni clutched her hand and asked her to stay. As the photographer shot random poses, her gaze shifted towards Nishant who was directly looking at her.

Look away, Aparna before it's too late, her mind told her.

Just as she looked away, the music started and suddenly couples were being called to the dance floor. Dhruv grabbed her hand and steered her towards the floor.