Chapter 10 - The First Kiss of Love

Nishant was busy on a call when Rushali walked in his office. He smiled and gestured her to sit down. As he continued talking, he saw her frown but the phone call was more important than Rushali's presence.

Finally, when the call ended after 10 minutes, she sighed and got up from the sofa as Nishant came and stood in front of her.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" she asked looking at his not-so-happy face.

"I am," Nishant replied trying his best to look joyous.

Circling her arms around his neck, Rushali placed a kiss on his right cheek.

Closing his eyes, Nishant tried his best not to flinch from the touch. Why did he ever agree to get married to her?

"Kiss me," he heard Rushali whisper in his ears.

When he did not, she looked at him with a frown.

"What is wrong with you?"

"Rushali, this is my office. Anybody can walk in any minute," he said trying to loosen her grip on his neck, but she only tightened it more.

Sighing, Nishant let go of her hands and stared at her face. Even though, she looked good, but she always came across as cunning and shrewd. He knew that she was getting married to him just for the sake of the merger between the two families and eventually the companies. And, Nishant was getting married just to fulfil one of his father's wishes for once in his life.

Rushali nuzzled closer into his throat and Nishant just backed away towards the side table. For him, this was becoming an intolerable deal now. He was about to forcibly loosen her grip when she placed a heated kiss on his lips. Taken aback for a split second, he did not respond.

Then suddenly, he pulled her head back and forcibly separated her from him.

Rushali moved away to the side and Nishant's stance froze as he looked beyond her.

Aparna was standing clutching the side table near the door with a mixture of shock and confusion written all over her face. For an instance, he saw a flicker of anger and distress in her eyes. But the look vanished as it had come. However, her clenched fingers on the table betrayed the tormenting emotion boiling in her.

Giving Nishant an accusing look, she turned and took a step towards the door.

"Wait," Rushali's voice thundered through the cabin.

Aparna turned around and was about to open her mouth to say something, when Rushali's raised hand stopped her.

"Don't you have any manners? Don't you know how to knock?" she asked looking at Aparna with disdain.

"I am sorry," she replied, her voice clogging with the constricting feelings raging in her heart.

"Illiterate!"