Chapter 75 - Satisfied, But Not Content

Rushali's eyes widened with shock just as she heard Nishant. She closed her eyes realising her helplessness.

Sighing, Nishant turned away from her and pressed his temples trying to ease the tell-tale throbbing. His vision blurred a little but he steadied himself knowing that this was just the beginning.

"Call the police," Naresh Naik commanded looking away.

"No, Dad, there's more," Nishant replied as he again turned towards Rushali.

"You know Dad, for the past month whenever I tried to reach the ends of this; I always reached a dead end. You know the reason why?"

Naresh Naik shook his head and looked at his son expectantly.

"Because everything pointed towards you," Nishant replied looking at his father.

Naresh Naik stood up with a jerk as he heard him.

"Yes, Dad, you. Why is that, Rushali?"

But instead of answering, she looked away trying desperately to hide her face.

Nishant waited for her to respond but when she did not, he went to her and sat down in the opposite chair.

"Why is that?"

Scared, she muttered something under her breath.

"WHAT?" Nishant's voice bellowed in the room.

"Because I used his name everywhere."

Naresh Naik staggered to the sofa and collapsed on it, and instantly his wife was there to soothe him.

"The car in which the kidnapping was done was booked under your name. She plotted everything in such a way that it seemed you were the mastermind," Nishant said looking at his father.

Naresh Naik shook his head closing his eyes trying to believe everything.

"We trusted you so much. Nishant was right. You don't deserve to be a part of this family," Meera Naik said looking filthily at her.

"Don't you dare say a word against my daughter. It's all because of your son and that woman."

Saying this, Virendra Sharma was about to hit Nishant when Naresh Naik came and stood between them.

"Stay away from my son or I'll forget that you were my friend once."

Virendra Sharma slowly lowered his raised hand as he looked at his angered expression.

"Siraj!" Naresh Naik commanded.

Just as Siraj came and stood next to him, he said, "Call the police."

Nishant shook his head and slowly moved away from his father. As he went towards the sofa, he picked up some papers from the side table and then sat down next to his mother.

"Virendra Uncle, please just have a seat. We need to discuss the merger."

He smiled as he saw Virendra Sharma's eyes shining with excitement. He quickly straightened up and sat down in the adjoining chair next to the sofa.

"Dad, you too."

When his father did not move, Nishant smiled at him and cajoled him to sit down.

Sliding the contract papers towards Virendra Sharma, he smiled and waited as he read through them.

"This is not a merger contract," said Virendra Sharma in a shocked tone.

"Nope, it's not."

"But you said merger."

"Oh! Did I? Well, I am really sorry if I did. But, seriously you still think there will be a merger? After all this?"

Virendra Sharma threw the papers away and was about to get up when Nishant stopped him.

"If I were you, then I'll just sit back and listen."

Seeing Virendra Sharma slump back, he got up from the sofa and held out his hand towards Dhruv, who handed him some papers.

"These are your credit reports. And, I have highlighted the loans you have taken from Naik Builders and how much you have paid back. Would you like to check?"

Virendra Sharma looked at him and scowled.

Nishant smiled at him and shoved towards him the contract papers again.

"Sign these and I'll forget those loans."

"I am not selling my company to you," Virendra Sharma shouted.

Nishant head twitched the moment he heard him. Lowering himself to his level, he looked straight into his eyes.

"I am not buying it, I am taking over. It's up to you to give it willing otherwise, I'll make you do it."

"You cannot make me do it."

"Yes, I can."

Saying this, he picked up the envelope, which had Rushali's pictures in it.

"I'll make this public if you don't. Plus, there will be legal action for not paying the loans. And then, Virendra Uncleji, I'll rip your company apart and sell it piece by piece."

Virendra Sharma hung his head knowing too well that he had lost the battle. He took the contract from his hand and signed it.

Nishant breathed hard as he took the papers from him. Even though he still felt empty inside, still some part of him was satisfied. He gestured to Siraj, who nodded and went out.

"You know where you went wrong, Rushali?"

When she did not answer, Nishant smiled sarcastically.

"You shouldn't have used Dad's name because my father will never dream of hurting a child."

The police entered the apartment and took Rushali away and Virendra Sharma followed them.

Nishant pressed his temples hard as he handed the papers to Dhruv.

Finally, the ordeal was over.

Satisfied yet not contended, he slowly entered his bedroom and sat down on his bed. His mind was completely jumbled up with thoughts racing back and forth. Soon the press will be hoarding his apartment along with his office, and he will have to answer a whole lot of questions. And, some of them will be related to her.

Nishant got up with a jerk just as his mind registered this thought.

"Siraj!"

Both Dhruv and Siraj came inside followed by his family.

"Send Avinash and Keshav to Darjeeling now. I don't want any media near them," he said turning away.

Siraj went out of the room while Dhruv came near him and was about to put a hand on his shoulder when Nishant suddenly turned and looked at him.

"Ask Amaan Bhaiyya to arrange a press conference. If they need a bite, they need to come to me and not them."

Dhruv called Amaan and relayed the instructions. As he was about to go out of the room, Nishant called to him.

"She shouldn't know about Avinash and Keshav."

Copyright © Paromita Majumder. All Rights Reserved.