Chapter 64 -Remove Every Memory

Dhruv's eyes widened the moment he saw Nishant picking up the knife. Before even he could do anything, Nishant placed the sharp side to his throat.

As the room erupted in perturbed shouts, Siraj and Dhruv reached his side within seconds. Siraj grabbed his hand from behind and tried to drag it away from his throat.

"Nishant, let go. Stop it, please," Dhruv pleaded with him trying to take the knife away from his hand, but nothing happened.

Nishant jerked them off and stepped back.

"Bhaijaan, please," Siraj said extending his hand to take the knife but Nishant's angry glance stopped him.

"Nishant, stop this nonsense," he heard his father say.

As his back collided with the wall, he slowly lowered the knife and saw the look of victory on his father's face.

"You know well that you are better off without that woman," Naresh Naik said looking at his son with eyes that demanded obedience.

But, Nishant stared back at him with a look that would brew storms in the calmest of seas.

"For the last time, her name is Aparna," Nishant said with gritted teeth.

"Whatever, it's not her that you need to bother now, it's me you need to be with," Rushali said as she came and stood next to him.

The moment she placed a hand in his, Nishant looked at her with eyes burning with resentment.

"No, Rushali, I don't need to be."

Saying this, he stepped back and clenched the knife blade in a fist. As its sharp edges cut through his skin, he clenched it more until he could bear no longer. Letting it go, he opened his palm and looked at the oozing blood. The knife fell to the ground with a clank and he turned looking at his raised palm.

As the drops of blood fell on the floor, he smiled and said, "I would rather live 5 minutes with her than a lifetime with anybody else."

Shefanjali looked at his hand and her face twisted with pain.

As he staggered to his room followed by Dhruv and Siraj, she looked at the drops of blood tracing his path.

But as Nishant was about to step inside his room, Rushali grabbed his arm and pulled him towards herself.

"I am not letting you go like this. You belong to me and nobody else. You don't need any of these people. I know you just need me."

Shefanjali shook her head and stepped between them and pulled Rushali's hand off Nishant's arm.

"Siraj, Dhruv, take him inside."

Saying this she turned around towards Rushali and looked at her with animosity.

"Nishant needs rest. So, it would be better if you leave. Now."

Rushali smiled at her disobediently and said, "So, now you are going tell me what to do. This house belongs to me. You leave."

Shefanjali looked at her as her eyes shone with indignation. Then, she glanced at Vikrant and saw him standing like a statue.

Her so-called husband!

"Yes, Rushali, I will tell you what to do. Whether you like it or not, I am Nishant's family and I will do everything in my power to stop you from hurting him. So, get out before I have someone throw you out."

She slowly prowled towards Rushali, and she backed away step by step till she reached the threshold of the main door.

The moment Rushali's back collided with the door, Shefanjali lowered her angered gaze at her and said, "In my wildest of dreams, I just wish Nishant gets married to you because I would have love to make your life a living hell."

The scared look in Rushali's eyes was enough to satisfy Shefanjali. She opened the door and Rushali clutched the doorframe, trying to prevent herself from falling.

"Now GET OUT and STAY OUT!"

Nishant sat down on the bed and closed his eyes. The pain in his head banged against his right temple with severe intensity than before. As he pressed his fingers against his eyes to appease the pain, his gaze fell on the photograph on the bedside table.

Aparna and Prakriti smiled at him with all the love he had felt once. But, now, all he felt was pain and guilt. Her eyes were no longer the ones with love shining in them but they only had a look of accusation.

"Siraj!"

Siraj rushed into the room and saw him standing with a photograph in his hand.

"Remove every memory, every photograph of Aparna from this house. Take my phone from Dhruv and get it formatted. Remove everything related to Aparna."

Dhruv looked at him with surprise.

What the hell is he doing?

"Nishant, what are you doing?" Shefanjali asked standing near the doorway looking shocked.

"I am doing what I promised. I will never see her again."

Then, he looked at his parents and brother and said in a painful voice, "This is what you guys wanted right? Then so be it."

Saying this, he collapsed on the bed as the pain went out of control. He groaned sliding back on the bed and tried his best to breathe but just couldn't.

Dhruv and Shefanjali realised something was wrong the moment they saw him. They rushed to him and Shefanjali picked up his head and shook it hard but Nishant had already slipped into a state of semi-unconsciousness.

Dhruv quickly opened the medicine box and looked for the sinus tablets. Taking two, he offered them to Shefanjali.

Shaking his head hard again, Shefanjali commanded, "Nishant, wake up. Come on."

As Nishant forced himself to open his eyes, she said in a soothing voice, "I need you take the medicine."

He nodded and instantly grimaced in agony as his head jarred with the pain. Once he had taken the medicine, Dhruv and Shefanjali helped him to the pillow and he groaned hard just as his head slid to the right.

"Shhh! It's going to be okay," Shefanjali said caressing his forehead softly.

As the medicine slowly started to take effect, Nishant slipped into a semi-unconsciousness state again.

Dhruv slumped back on the bed and started to bandage his injured hand.

Shefanjali was still stroking Nishant's forehead when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"We need to talk."

Copyright © Paromita Majumder. All Rights Reserved.