Chapter 17

*ELISE'S P.O.V*

"Are you done?" asked Riley.

"Just a moment,"

"Hurry up," she whined. I got out of my bathroom, completely dressed as a Hogwarts student. "How does it look?"

"It looks cool. Do you want me to put some makeup on you?"

"No, thanks. I don't like makeup,"

She narrowed her eyes and took out a costume out of her bag. "My turn."

I stepped aside and let her in my bathroom. I felt a strange feeling, as if I was being watched. I looked around to see absolutely nothing. Maybe training with them has made me suffer from Paranoia. I shook the feeling off and waited for Riley.

"Oh, Elise! Taylor'll be getting out of the hospital by Tuesday," yelled Riley from the bathroom. I let out a gasp. "Really?"

When Riley left, I took off my costume and changed into a light blue, short dress and lay on my bed. I was extremely tired so all I wanted was a moment of peace and quiet. And some sleep. Until I heard that thing. Someone tapping on my window. I opened my eyes and turned my head to the side. Nobody was there, but a piece of paper was. Hesitantly and tiredly, I stood up from my bed and dragged myself towards the window. I opened the window and grabbed the piece of paper that was taped into it. I closed the window and read what was written on the paper.

Meet me by the beach at 10:00 pm.

-J.

J? Who's J? Jeff? Jack, as in Eyeless Jack? And why so late? It's like 8:30. I'm nervous. And confused. Mostly nervous. Who knows what'll happen to me? Jeff doesn't hate me that much anymore. I think. And why would Eyeless Jack tell me this? What would they want? My heart's beating fast.

The beach was calmed and silent. I was waiting patiently for whoever wanted to meet me here. It was 10:03 and no sign of anyone. I started to think this was a stupid joke. I gave up and began to walk back to my house, until I heard the voice of a woman. "Are you Elise Davis?"

I spun around to see a woman, dressed in all black who also seemed to have a mask on. "And you are?"

"That doesn't matter. Are you the one I'm looking for? You must be Elise, correct?"

"If you tell me who you are, I'll answer your questions." I replied. She let out a chuckle. "Don't play games with me."

"I'm not," I started, "I just want to know who you are,"

"I'm Jane. Jane the killer."

Oh, crap. What does she want from me?

Well, Elise, my pal, my buddy, she's a killer, if she's looking for you, that means she wants to kill you and rip out your organs and intestines and eat them. I froze.

"What do you want?" I gulped. "You're the Guardian, right?"

I hesitantly nodded my head.

"If I couldn't get to finish off your little friend, then maybe I could finish you off," she stated, slowly taking out a knife. "Wait, you were the one that hurt Taylor?"