Chapter 28

*ELISE'S P.O.V*

"Okay, class. Pass down your homeworks," the teacher demanded.

I froze.

Holy shit. What homework?

"Psst, Riley," I called. Riley turned around to look at me. She raised an eyebrow, asking me in a way what I want. "What homework is she talking about?" I asked. Riley widened her eyes at me. "You're kidding me, right?" she laughed. I pursed my lips and slowly shook my head no. "You didn't do your homework?" she whisper-yelled, now taking this a bit seriously. I shook my head no. "Why?"

"I had stuff to do," I lied. I actually forgot about it.

"Well, you need to like, hand it in," she replied.

"But I didn't do it,"

Riley let out a sigh and turned around.

I'm screwed.

.....

As I was casually walking down the hallway to go to History class, suddenly, I was shoved against a locker. I looked up to see Brandon. I began to get frustrated. "What the hell do you want," I spat.

"I know it,"

I tilted my head to a side, giving him a puzzled look.

What could he possibly be talking about?

"Know what," I asked through clinched teeth. "You failed your math test." he responded. My eyes began to widen.

Holy shit.

I failed my math test?

Damn. I haven't even seen it.

"Is it because of me?" he murmured. Suddenly, I bursted out laughing. "Because of you--? Haha! Don't make me laugh!" I laughed uncontrollably. He began to glare at me, his face turning red from possibly his anger. "If you're wondering how I know, I saw the signed tests when I went to look for something at Mr. Waters' classroom." he explained. He released both of my hands free. "If you expect me to care about it, or even you, leave." I laughed. "No, I want to apologize," he sighed.

Damn.

"For what?"

He looked down in embarrassment. "For cheating on you. I want you back, Elise. I know I've made a mistake, and I'm truly ashamed and regretful. I even dumped Marie. I just want another chance, to be with you again, and if I fuck it up again, I'll leave you alone. For good. Just please give me another chance. I'll study with you."

Is he being serious?

Because I'm definitely not taking this seriously. My mouth is shut and I don't know what to say. I just stared at him dumbfounded. He gazed at me, still
blushing slightly. I wonder if he really did dump Marie. And if he truly did, did he find another one to hook up with and is just playing with me?

What if he is being totally serious?

"Well?" he asked, his tone sounding a but desperate now.

"Brandon," I started. "I know what you're thinking. You probably think I'm faking all this. But I'm not. After you left, I was heartbroken, I didn't know what I really had until I lost it. But, Elise, you're worth everything. And I love you," he cut me off.

I love you.

Those words. Three words that could've fucked up my life. But why? Why using those words? Most importantly, why wasting those words on me?

I took a deep breath and studied his face. He looked like he was being serious. But again, he could've faked it.

"Brandon," I started, "I don't. If you truly loved me, you would've proved it by not cheating on me. At least you could've been honest with me. But, oh well, guess you lost your chance."

I narrowed my eyes and smirked at him before walking away. "This isn't gonna be over, Elise!" I heard him yell from a distance as I let out a laugh.

As I arrived home and placed my book bag on the floor, I jumped on my bed, facing the ceiling. I inhaled deeply.

This was some shitty ass day.

"Are you done bitching?" I heard a voice ask. I sat up on my bed and gazed at Ben. A loud sigh escaped from my nose. "What do you want?" I questioned.

"I heard you cursing under your breath, something you don't normally do. But anyways, I came to tell you that we have training," he announced.

"Aha?"

"Now."

Yeah, right.

"Like hell I would train now. The only way I would train is if you drag me from my legs to the mansion," I spat.

A smirk played on his lips. "As you wish."

"Wait, what--?"

He grabbed both of my legs as I widened my eyes. "Oh, yeah. Close your eyes," he ordered. I didn't have time to process this. But I know I did close my eyes just in case. What the hell was happening?

"Okay. Open them,"

I opened my eyes to find ourselves in the kitchen of the mansion. He let go of my legs as I was on the floor. I stood up as I saw him did the same.

Ugh.

"We need to talk. Outside," he said, turning around and walking out of the kitchen. Annoyed, I followed him. He opened the front door as he got out. I got out of the mansion and closed the door. "You know, you could've literally teleported us right here. We didn't have to walk," I complained, crossing my arms. He turned around and took a deep breath. "Can you please tell me what's wrong with you?"

Oh, god. Not again.

I sighed. "Again? Aren't you already tired, you fuckface?"

He started to glare at me. "Elise, I've had enough."

Before I could've say anything, he walked towards me, a glare planted on his face. I didn't move. I should get away. He touched my necklace.

Oh, no.

He gazed at it for a while, until he ripped it off and threw it to the floor, stepping on it a few times. I screamed and pleaded for him to stop. But he wouldn't. Then, I felt dizzy and blacked out.