Ch. 2

Normal POV
"follow me after school, (l/n)-san", he declared and continued reading his comic, which you were staring all the time. Not that you don't like it, you LOVE it! Mangas are your top priority in reading books, basketball is the second.

You remembered when your older brother taught you how to play a basketball when you were still 4 years old, you were interested in basketball despite being too young to play it. But truth be told, he died because of a car accident, since then you always play basketball alone without your beloved brother, he died when you were 9 years old. He always asked the same question, "why are you so interested in basketball so much?" and you always answer, "onii-chan will know later~". But that 'later' never really came.

You never realized that kuroko was staring at you. When he noticed that you realized, he questioned you instantly on why you were looking so sad, he thought he had made you happy by showing you the gym soon but he thought his guess were wrong, he made you sad, AS IF!! he did NOT made you sad, hence it was due to your beloved dead brother.

"ah? I just remembered about my childhood about basketball", you smiled sadly to yourself. "do you wish to talk about it? If you don't mind. But if you don't want it's ok, i'm not the pushy type of person". "i know that Kuroko-tan~ i'll talk to you about it when we're on our way there", you looked outside again while leaning on the wall.

"when we were still in teiko, I always noticed you were on your own when you came to the gym, and i even seen you study alone, eating alone and even walking alone. Do you want to talk to me about it? It seems you were always alone EVERYTIME i saw you around", he states, the statement made your eyes widened in shock, you asked yourself, 'h-how did he knew? I thought i always walk in there without making them notice me being there...was he watching me all this time??', before your eyes turned back to its normal size.

You pursed your lips together before pulling of a fake smile, "I have trouble making friends. The girls seems to glare at me everytime i'm around, i don't really get it, why were they acting so mean to me...but who cares~ the past is just the past, ne?", you chuckled before looking down on your feet frowning  to yourself. You thought, 'have i ever done something that annoy them? I don't think i've ever done that since i don't do much at school. Did i do something which made them mad at me? If i did, what is it?...'

"oh... Do you want me to be your friend, (l/n)-san?", he asked so suddenly making you jump out of your chair and hold both his hands in your, eyes sparkling, "yes, please!".

~Time skip after school~

"are you ready, (l/n)-san", he asked after he finished packing his things. You hold onto your bag with both hands and nodded with a bright smile.

"umm... About my childhood.... I was first interested in basketball when I was 4, my elder brother, he was 14 that time, he always played basketball at our basketball court, he taught me all things about basketball and even teach me how to play, I manage to play it perfectly when my age was 5. We both always played basketball everytime we got back from school, it was an everyday routine, hehehehe~ until one day... When my age reached 9, my beloved brother died in a car crash, he just had his license on that day, i heard that his friends were going to play with him in basketball at school but he never came. My brother always asked me the same question, "why are you so intereseted in basketball so much?" and I answered, "onii-chan, you'll know it later".. But..... I never get to tell him..", you tried your best not to break down, you felt a warm arm embracing your shaky figure, "i'm sorry, (l/n)-san", he said, "so... Why did you want to play basketball?".

You looked up at him, "because I adore people playing baskteball, and someday i want to beat my brother, but i know it can't be fulfilled, so... Why bother", you smiled weakly. He patted your head with an encouraging look before continue on walking.

He led you to the seirin basketball gym. You were greeted by a senior of yours, their coach, a short brown-headed girl.
"who's this you brought, kuroko-kun? Your girlfriend?", she teased, he blushed while you tilted your head since you still don't understand. "anyway, welcome back Kurokokun! Go ahead and train with the others~", she said cheerfully. "yes, coach". You looked at his retreating form, before saying, "wait Kuroko-tan don't leave me here".

He smiled, "i'm not leaving you, (l/n)-san, i'm going to the changing room to change my uniform, i will be playing basketball later, see you later, (l/n)-san", then he left to the changing room.

You looked around at the basketball court in awe. Your thoughts were interrupted by the brown-headed girl beside you, "etto, so you are (l/n)? Nice name, I'm Riko Aida, the basketball coach", you bowed your head, "nice to meet you, senpai".

"geez, no need to be formal there~! I'm just a normal human~ so are you and Kurokokun dating?", she asked earning your full attention. "before you say anything, today i learn a lot of words like boyfriend, single, girlfriend, dating and more, what does it mean actually, senpai?". Her eyes widened in shock, "you seriously don't know what's the meaning of it?", you shook your head as a no, She sweatdropped, "boyfriend is..", she explained every detail of it. You nodded in understanding, " so all this time, they were somehow checking me out?".

"they?". You nodded, "yes, they, my new friends in class, boys".