Ch. 43

Your days continued with your new life, new school and new friends. The basketball players quickly latched onto you, especially the ghost of the team who nearly had the same unique style as your boyfriend and his name was Mayuzumi Chihiro.

A week had already passed ever since Akashi 'kidnap' you on that night and you couldn't believe yourself that you were already accustom with the Rakuzan life in Kyoto. Though as much as you were already accustomed with the new life, you still longed for Kuroko. You wondered to yourself, 'does he still remember my face?'.

You looked at your phone that you had in your hands, the one Kuroko bought for you, also the one you had your picture with his earnest smile. Even if you had your phone with you, you made a promise to Akashi not to contact Kuroko until the wintercup. It was really hard for you, seeing his unreplied text to you.

Oddly, Akashi only said not to contact the seirin players only, you still can contact with Kasamatsu and Kise.

From: Kasamatsu-tan
The others are working hard, so don't worry.

From: Kise-tan
Kurokocchi is soooooo miiinneee-ssu~~~

You simply giggled at his text, not knowing that someone was peeking from your shoulder, until you felt the said person's breath heaving out near your ear making you jumped in your place while looking to your side to see who the culprit was. But only to smile back, it was Mayuzumi and Hayama.

“Who was that (y/n)-chan~?”, Hayama asked with curious green eyes staring deeply into yours. “friends from Kaijou High”, you replied back with a smile before standing properly. “you really are amazing you know! You have friends EVERYWHERE!”, he replied excitedly, “ah right! Akashi wants to play a one-on-one with you again”.

“shogi?”, you blinked your eyes innocently with a wondering look. The two boys stared at your (e/c) orbs before nodding. Mayuzumi then patted your head, “lucky you, Akashi was never this excited before, he must've think of you as a worthy rival in shogi”.

“so exactly how many times did you win against him, (y/n)-chan?”, the blonde male made a pondering look. You thought to yourself while counting with your fingers, “149 to 148”. “woaahhh!!!!”, he clapped his hands excitedly, “you actually won against Akashi!! did he throw a fit when he lost?”, his eyes had a glint of excitement. You giggled to his eagerness, “he didn't.. he just threw his scissors to the wall”.

“that's him, throwing a fit, (y/n)-chan”, he pursed his lips together not making his tiger fangs from not showing before he suddenly clasped his hands together, “ah! No wonder I saw a lot of deep dents on the wall, I was actually wondering when did it happened”, he made an 'XD'-face. You smiled to yourself before you head to the empty classroom where Akashi usually was.

Then Hayama looked at Mayuzumi with a serious look and nudged his arm, “dude, you have to stop making a move on her”. Mayuzumi only casted a look on him before walking to an opposite direction. Hayama sighed to himself before he started to jog to catch up to you, “wait up, (y/n)-chan!!”.

When he caught up to you, he looked at you with his usual fang-smile, “(y/n)-chan! Did you know Akashi has a lot of different kinds of shogi board in his basement?”. Your eyes widened in pure shock which made you stutter in your words, “n-no..”. “he actually has 200 shogi boards come from around the world and Akashi usually buys the most expensive ones because he knew that it has a better quality than the cheaper ones”, he grinned, while resting his arms on the back of his head while walking with you side-by-side. Your shocked cute face made him grinned even more, he ruffled your upper hair, “you're so cute (y/n)-chan”.

The two of you walked into the empty classroom to see Akashi playing shogi alone while moving side-to-side, “took you long enough”. “gomen ne Akashi-tan”, you smiled sheepishly. “gomen Akashi~”, the blondie replied before lightly pushing you to Akashi, “but here you go Akashi~”.

“sure”, Akashi muttered a small reply before letting the boy leave, leaving the two of you alone in the dark room. You sat across of him and smiled at him. He looked at you, “you are aware already, right? The fact that the wintercup preliminaries had started”, he asked as his eyes darted from your (e/c) orbs to the shogi board. You nodded your head, “yes I am aware”. He nodded his head, “okay, I'll give you seirin's scores during the preliminaries in their region”, he then scanned your eyes, quickly knowing that you were excited. He took out a paper from his bag and he showed you their matches.

“for now, they have a few more days before they play the last round”, he said.

You looked at the scores.

Seirin High vs Senshinkan High
78   -    61

Seirin High vs Shuutoku High
104  -  104

Your eyes widened to the score, “they tied....”. He nodded your head, “I'm actually quite surprised to see Seirin High neck on neck with Shuutoku High”, he scanned your eyes again, “do you want to watch their next match in Tokyo?”, he cocked an eyebrow at you which in return you nodded your head hastily. “yes please”, you blinked your puppy eyes at him as you pressed your lips together in a tight line to figure out his next response and when he nodded his head in agreement. “thank you”, you smiled happily. He nodded his head again, “now play with me”.

“hai!”, you grinned before playing.