Ch. 50

You looked at your phone as you realized you received another text.

From: Kise-tan
Ne ne (y/n)cchi~~~🌟

To: Kise-tan
Yes Kise-tan?

From: Kise-tan
I saw Kurokocchi with Momoicchi moments ago

You frowned to yourself, remembering the bad memories you suffered a month ago. You quickly felt a pang of jealousy and it was definitely hurting your chest so you stopped from walking. Chewing your bottom lip wasn't even making you feel any better, you couldn't help but to slump on the ground.

From: Kise-tan
(y/n)cchi? Are you still there?????? Ah anywayyyy~~~ did you know Kurokocchi and Momoicchi played basketball together? Momoicchi said it was about his vanishing drive!!!!! ISN'T THAT AMAZING~~🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

A flashback flashed In your mind.

"a-ano, Kú-tan", you called. He hummed as a sign for you to continue. "can we both play basketball together at the street basketball court next time?". He grabbed your wrist making you surprise, you turned around, "y-y-yes?".

"i would love to, (y/n)-chan", he said while staring straight at you. He called you by dropping the formality and he also called you your first name, why is that?. You blushed and tried to smile but you can't, you were blushing deeply, "th-then it's decided~! My house is around that corner, if you want to leave me here, I don't mind, go-" "no, it's rude to leave a girl alone especially at night while escorting her back to her home, it'll be dangerous", he warned, still holding your wrist. "oh, okaay...", you felt his grip loosen, you hold his hand, the one he used to grip your wrist. His eyes widened at the sudden action then he realized that your hands were cold while his was warm.

"are you cold, (y/n)-chan?", he walked closer to you. You nodded. He furrowed his brows and put his arms around you from behind while his arm reached your hands and he gave your hand a squeeze before pushing you gently to walk with him to your house. "th-thank you, Kú-tan", you blushed.

#End Of Flashback#

You sat on the ground, not even caring despite receiving weird glances from other people who was walking around you. You hugged your knees close to your chest, crying your eyes out for the third time of the night.

“(y/n)-chan? Are you okay?”.

A voice reached your ears and you saw a hand that was extended to you. You didn't even bother to wipe your tears as you raised your chin to look at the voice and hand's owner. Your blurry eyes were definitely playing games with you, you saw Kuroko, but his voice definitely didn't matched the teal-haired male.

“Kú..”, your eyes were even blurry when tears started to fall again from your eyes. “It's me Mayuzumi”, he held you up, wiping your tears with his thumb. “M-Mayu....”, you let out a meaningless laugh and made you cry even more. It wasn't Kuroko. You missed him dreadfully.

“let's just bring her back safely, she'll be asleep soon enough Chihiro”, Akashi's voice rang in the air. All the while when you started disappearing from his side, he saw you sitting on the ground. He walked over to you but you couldn't hear his voice at all. He looked around eventually and saw the right person for the job, Mayuzumi.

Mayuzumi nodded his head after receiving orders from the absolute Akashi. Mayuzumi wrapped one arm around your waist but his hand were firmly holding your arm, so you wouldn't lose your footing as you walked. 'why was she crying?'.

And as if Akashi heard what the ginpatsu thought, he replied, “It's because of the text she receives from Ryouta”, while holding your phone in his hand, he saw another text just received from the same person.

From: Kise-tan
Are you there?

He quietly erased the text and kept the phone with him, until you were feeling okay. The two brought you to the hotel where they stayed during the wintercup. Mayuzumi was carrying you on his back since you fall asleep after crying.

“Akashi, I am still wondering why'd you take (y/n)-chan in the first place”

He didn't answered.

“You didn't even tell us what relationship you had with her”.

He still didn't answered him.

“does it have a connection with the text she received?”.

Akashi looked at him with his usual stare, “Chihiro....you seem to take a liking to this girl, am I correct? *smirk* I am correct... forget about your feelings to her Chihiro, she will never be yours”, he continued walking without looking at the ginpatsu anymore.

The next day~~~~~

You woke up, rubbing the sleepiness from your eyes, you stretched your body and smiled happily, excited that today will be the day for you to go to your real house. Being your usual oblivious self, you didn't realize someone was staring at you from the sofa that was setting near the balcony.

“Delighted, I see”.