Chapter 18 - Innocent

NO EXCUSE. I had writer's block. Sorry for the really late update :( please enjoy this because we're at the end of book I already :) please be warned that this is not beta-ed and proofed yet :)

Off was angry. Krist was angry too actually but he rather kept silent. He had confronted the girl but she was acting innocent and nearly cry when Krist kept pestering her to admit that the cheat sheet was her. Seeing Krist treated her like that, the girl's friends protect her and threatened him that they will report it to the professor. Off nearly burst out of anger because of it so Krist backed away, he left the girl, didn't want to make any more scenes. His scholarship was on the verge of being revoked so he rather not making any problems that could make the punishment harsher.

Krist was going to his work at the restaurant but Godt said he was near the university, doing something, and asked if Krist want to go to the restaurant with him. So Krist sat on one of the benches near the faculty's pond, waiting for Godt to picking him up. Off decided to accompany him or disturb him in Krist's opinion, so there they both sat in silence. Off sighed after a good five minutes of silence. He's Off. He couldn't keep silent for a long time.

"I wonder how you can attract many misfortunes and accidents to come at the same time," Off mumbled.

"I wondered that too,"

"You think you should get an exorcism? Just in case?"

Krist only scoffed. "You always believe that kind of thing,"

"You just don't know how scary it is! Just try for once. Maybe there was really evil or bad aura possessed you," Off was serious. "I've told you before about my mother who was sick for a few days and all the medication we have tried have no effect. But when we called a shaman...,"

Krist stared at Off, pretending to listening to the story even though he didn't pay attention to it at all. He was busy thinking how he could gather money for his next semester fee. Because of the misfortunes kept coming to him, he was optimistic that he will lose the scholarship for sure. Strangely.

He could find another scholarship outside but it still needed time. He certainly wouldn't say anything about this to Bas, because it will upset him more. The poor teen still blamed himself for Cooper's admittance to the hospital last time.

Godt came ten minutes later and like always, Off laughs when he saw the big guy riding the pink scooter. Krist smiled weakly. Off forget to finish his story about shaman and just busy jeered at Godt. After a full two minutes of laughs, he patted Krist's head lightly and encouraged him, before finally going away to visit Pern in her class, leaving Krist with Godt.

"I heard about the exam thing," Godt said to him. Krist rolled his eyes.

"Must be Off who told you,"

"Yes. He asked me to cheer you up,"

"I'm fine. Don't know why I get used to all of these misfortunes,"

"Well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger,"

Krist scoffed. He smiled when realized Godt tried to cheer him up. Godt gave him the helmet. Krist took it and put it in his head. He was going to hop in the back seat of the scooter when a bunch of the university thugs coming approaching them from ahead.

At first, Krist thought that they were going to pass them but they stopped and sneered at Krist and Godt. Krist sweated. What is going to happen again? Krist said inwardly. He said he was getting used to it all but still, every time he will face something bad, he didn't like the feelings that surrounded him.