Chapter 13

It was about 7 an everyone had started arriving. I had made Kjay and Joshua bring some wings from Publix while I ordered Papa Johns pizza. LaNiya bought the drinks. Jaheem bought the paper goods. Everything was going good so far.

"Diamond its arkward being here" LaNiya says looking Jaheem way.

"Girl stop" Chantel says drinking a soda.

'Im just saying. Me and him havent talked since that altercation we had" she says.

"Well this is not the time for yall to start acting up or anything" I say. "Act like adults"

"Look whose talking. The bitch that would cut a nigga dick off" Chantel says making me and LaNiya bust out laughing.

'Oh my god. Yall need to stop forreal" I say almost choking on my soda.

'You know its true" Chantel says.

"So why we here?" Kim asks coming thru the door without greeting anyone.

"Well hey to you too" I say sizing her up. 

"I got things to do Diamond" she says.

"Hey everyone" Robert says walking in hugging everyone.

"Hey brother in law" I say hugging him.

"This baby is making you glow alot" he says smiling at me.

"Aww thanks" I say. Kim rolls her eyes.

"Whats your problem? You've been getting me hatred since I called you an told you to meet me here. Whats up?" I ask.

"Nothing Diamond" she says an walks past me.

"Hey Crystal" I say to my niece.

"Mommy told me not to talk to strangers" she says an walks off.

'Ohhh hell naww! I say outloud causing everyone to be quiet.

'Whats wrong baby?" My mama asks.

'So Kim you told Crystal not to talk to strangers? Im not a fucking stranger bitch. Im your damn sister." I say.

"Calm down" Kjay says walking over to me.

"Kim why you told Crystal that?" Ma asks.

"Its too many people to be explaining why all this shit going on" she says.

''Cause we all strangers thats why" I say.

"Diamond calm down" Joshua says.

"All kids in the room now" Grandma says. All the little ones start to run in the room.

"Now what really brings us here?" Kim asks. "I have to leave an work out some family business"

"Like what?" I ask.

"You wouldnt understand Ms.Diamond" she says.

"The fuck is wrong with you!" I yell.

"Kim what has gotten in to you" Ma asks.

"Can we just get this shit over with?" she asks.

"Stop all that cursing in my damn house" Ma says.

"Diamond was cursing an you aint say shit" Kim says.

"Yea an Diamond aint get stabbed with a knife either but you will" Ma says causing me to snicker on the low.

"Diamond always been your favorite. Aint thats right Josh?" Kim says laughing. "She never got into trouble or anything. Always been your princess"