Italian Food (Ch 2)

Chapter 2- Italian Food

"I can't fucking believe it!" Gerard yelled, as he walked through the door. "they canceled my comic!"

"What?" Frank called from their bedroom.

"I guess they ran out of money to print it, so they blew the whole thing off! It was basically finished too, the whole volume!"

Frank walked over to him, "awe Gerard, I'm sorry."

"I guess I'll need to start checking for another job." Gerard sighed, taking off his jacket.

"Don't stress about it too much, we have enough money to keep us going for a few months, besides, this is only your third year out of high school."

"Thanks, Frankie." Gerard tried his best to smile.

Frank decided to make dinner that night to make up for the surprise picnic Gerard had planned for him. Frank wasn't the best cook, but he assumed he could make something edible.

"But I want to help." Gerard argued, trying to grab the wooden spoon from Frank's hand.

"I get that you are a good chef, but I've got this!" Frank declared, "Just go pick up some dessert or something."

"You're more than enough sweet stuff already though."

Frank pushed Gerard towards the door, then continued stirring his pasta sauce.

Gerard walked down to the gas station, which was a few miles away. Once he got there, he looked around for what he thought would be the best suiting dessert. His eyes stopped on a pack of raspberry jello.

When Gerard returned home, the smell of burnt Italian food drifted through the apartment air.

"I knew it," Gerard grinned, as he walked into the kitchen, "classic Frankie."

"Dinner is served." Frank laughed, holding out a to-go pizza.

"What the fuck even happened?" Gerard questioned.

"I made you dinner, of course!" Frank replied.

"Awe baby," Gerard grinned, "It's perfect."

Frank smiled, handing Gerard a piece of artichoke pizza.

"Of course its vegetarian."

"Well obviously Gerard, I wasn't going to get us two separate pizzas and let them go to waste!" Frank played.

Frank had his favorite sweater on, which was about a size too big for him. Gerard had given him the sweater when they first started dating after Frank stole it from him several times. Gerard offered to get Frank a sweater that fit him better, but Frank refused. Frank claimed to like the way he could curl up in the sweater like a small, portable home. He liked the way it reminded him of Gerard. It just made him feel safe.

Gerard looked at Frank as he curled his hands up in his sleeves. "You are adorable when you wear that." He spoke softly.

Frank bit his bottom lip as he sunk further into the sweater.

"Stop it right this instant Frank Anthony Iero Jr."

Frank smiled innocently, putting his sweater-covered hands to his mouth.

"Stop it."

Frank's smile deepened, as he brought his knees up to his chest.

"Stop it! Or I will have to cuddle you to death!" Gerard Teased.

Frank slowly reached over to grab a piece of pizza, carefully put a corner in his mouth. He held the crust with both his hands, slowly chewing his food, staring directly at Gerard.