I'm Right Here (Ch 3)

Chapter 3- I'm Right Here

"Oh my god Gerard!" Frank yelled, attempting to wake Gerard up. "You're going to be late for your interview!"

He crawled onto Gerard's stomach, pawing playfully at his face.

"Gerard!"

Gerard turned sideways, forcing Frank to lose his balance. Frank fell on top of him, rubbing his head. Gerard opened his eyes, he tried to get up but was pinned down by Frank.

"Frankie? What's going on?"

"Gerard, It's almost time for you to leave! Get up! Get up!"

Frank led Gerard to the kitchen, a cup of coffee and bowl of cereal were prepared on the table. Gerard sat down and started eating as Frank gently brushed out Gerard's hair.

"What are you doing Frankie?" Gerard sighed.

"I'm helping you get ready, now be quiet." Frank held a finger to Gerard's mouth.

Frank continued to brush Gerard's knot free hair as Gerard stood up and put his dishes in the sink. Frank had to stand on the tips of his toes just to reach the top of Gerard's head.

Gerard was wearing a black and white striped tee shirt and black skinny jeans as he started to tie up his bright red converse.

"Where do you think you're going?" Frank questioned, judging Gerard's choice of outfits.

"To my interview."

"Not wearing that you aren't."

Gerard slouched over, putting his hands in his pockets. "I wore this type of outfit to work every day sweets."

"This job isn't as casual, Gerard." Frank's voice trailed off as he pulled Gerard into their bedroom.

Frank changed Gerard into a white button up and navy blue jeans, completing the outfit with a black tie.

"You are so pretty." Frank gleamed, proud of his work.

"Thank you baby." Gerard smiled, returning to the front door.

Gerard pressed his lips against Frank's. "Have a nice day at work Frankie!" He spoke softly.

Frank handed Gerard a paper bag.

"What's this?" Gerard asked.

"You barely eat Gerard, I don't think I've even seen you eat a full meal in weeks. Anyway, I decided to make you lunch and you better fucking eat it."

"Well, what is it that you have so specially prepared for me?"

"Only the highest qualities of food," Frank began with a smile, "The leftover pizza you barely ate last night and my greatest achievement, mushed up Jello."

Gerard took the bag, he didn't want to eat lunch but he would. He would for Frank. Frank got out of the car, waving goodbye as Gerard drove off.

___

"Gerard?" Frank quivered over the phone.

"Frank, you don't sound too good, are you okay?" Gerard worried.

Frank sniffled as he wiped his nose. He tried to get the words to come out of his mouth but nothing came.

Gerard stayed on the phone in silence for a few minutes, listening to his boyfriend try his best to stop crying.

"G-Gerard?"

"Frankie, baby, I'm coming to pick you up okay?" Gerard sighed as he got into their car.