Ice (Ch 19)

Chapter 19-Ice (Gerard's POV)

"You've never been ice skating?!" I exclaimed, as we walked towards the large arena. He simply shook his head, looking towards his feet.

I pulled him towards the cashier, telling the lady our shoe sizes. She sent us an odd glance, as Frank clutched onto my arm.

"Sibling?" She asked, causing me to chuckle.

"Boyfriend," I replied, kissing the top of his head. He blushed, once again looking down.

She brushed off my answer, handing over the two pairs of skates. Bitch.

I helped Frank slip his on, tying them tightly. He giggled as I helped him up. He stumbled around a bit. I kept my hands on his waist balancing him.

It took a few more minutes for him to stand on his own. I left him to practice his balance, as I tied my own skates.

I guided him over to the ice, letting him hold tightly onto my arm. I stepped onto it first, holding both of his hands in my own. He looked slightly scared, but put a foot on. He fell forward, but I caught him, holding him against my chest. He looked up, giggling sheepishly. I helped him straighten himself out, before dragging him across the ice. I skated backwards, guiding him across the sheet of frozen water. I steadied him, twirling around him a few times. He laughed, reaching for my hand. I took it, pulling him slightly faster. He was surprisingly great at skating for his first time. It wad taken him a little while to get the hang of it, and he absolutely refused to let go of my hand, but he was successfully pushing himself across the ice.

He laughed, as we skated through the chilly arena air. I spun him around a few times, nearly causing him to loose balance. He steadied himself, grinning up at me.

"You're really good at this." He pointed out, lacing his hands, which were covered in about three pairs of fingerless gloves, around my own.

I smiled back, taking a small bow.

He laughed more, skating over to join me.

"You did it without holding my hand, sweets!" I grinned, pulling him into a hug. "I'm so proud of you, Frankie."

___

Even though we had just gone skating, Frank convinced me to take him for ice cream. I didn't really see the point in getting something cold, hot chocolate would have made a lot more sense, but if Frank wanted it, I was happy to comply.

"Hmm..." he mumbled, contemplating over the different flavours with a hand to his chin.

"You can get more than one flavour, Frankie." I pointed out, gently holding his free hand within my own.

"I still don't know!" He whined, studying every different detail of the different types.

I ordered mine, deciding on coffee flavour. I had a minor addiction to the stuff, no matter what state it was in.

"Coffee, and, uh," he began, looking over the selection once again. "Chocolate!" He exclaimed, smiling up at me.

I nodded, handing the lady two five dollar bills. She gave me my change, and the two of us walked over to a small table by the window.

Frank immediately got ice cream all over his face, causing me to laugh. He smiled back, continuing to messily eat his frozen treat.

"So, I think you will like my roommate, Bert." I began, grabbing a napkin to whips a spot of chocolate-coffee-caramel off of him sweater.