Lost in Time

>•~Random short story~•<

As I sat on my roof just outside my window, I couldn't help but look up. The sky was beautiful tonight. The midnight blue with its dark clouds and sparkling starts. The bright moon glowing in the warm night. It was perfect. The breeze was slight. A blanket that was wrapped around me kept my small figure's temperature comfortable. I want to stay here forever. I am lost in the time. Watching everything go on by.

What to do. My life feels so hectic. Exceptional amounts of school work, tiring hours at a job, and continuous days of staying up late. How do I keep up?

I sit silently, alone to my own thoughts. I close my eyes and take in my surroundings. This is too perfect of a moment. I want it to last forever. The feelings of helplessness, anxiety, and pain are blown away with the wind. I take a deep breath, exhaling at a slow pace.

I re-enter reality much to my dismay. Taking one last glance from outside at the spacious sky, I make my way inside. My feet make contact with the scruff carpet of my bedroom floor. I quietly close the window, hearing a faint click of the lock. My gaze makes its way back up the the dancing lights in the sky. What's my place in the universe? What's my destiny? Is this how I want to live my life?

So many unanswered questions. My brain becomes overwhelmed. The sudden, unmistakable feeling of tear welding in my eyes threatens to take over. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't bli-. I blinked. A small tear glides down my face. I give up. I let the tears fall down like waterfalls, soaking into my sweatshirt. I drop to the floor and leave my blanket to bring my hands to my face. Soft sobs leave my mouth regardless of my sleeve covered hand attempting to muffle the noise.

I don't know why this happens so often. During the day, I have little worries but it also depends on what's happening that day. Some of the smallest things can wreck my brain like a running child to a sand castle, pounding into me and leaving me in a heap. I become conscious of my physical moments. I'm shaking. I slow the tears down and look at my unsteady hands. Why is this happening?

The door gently opens. I freeze. The door stops once the person sees me. I can't move. I know who it is. Keith. I hear my boyfriend's quick pace as he rushes over to me. I feel his warm embrace as he wraps his arm around my torso. I cry into his chest, soaking his shirt in the process. He rubs circles into my back trying to bring comfort to my broken self. "Shh. It's alright. I'm hear. You're okay, don't worry," I hear his deep, calming voice whisper. My tears and whimpers gradually cease but I don't remove my head from his chest. I count with heart beat, calming me down further. One...two...three...four... My thought get interrupted by Keith's voice, "are you okay?" Are you okay? His words echo throughout my mind. "No," I let out a whisper, as that is all I can manage at this point. Then he asks, "do you want to talk about it?" Honestly, I really don't. I bet he knows what going on already. Me and my messed up mind. This isn't the first time this has happened. "No," I repeat to him. I don't think I can manage talking about it now. I feel guilty. Keith. He dropped whatever he has doing to come to me. He thought I was important enough to leave any projects behind. I'm exhausted. My eyes are swollen, and heavy. Thankfully my shaking has stopped. I close my eyes and let out a long, uneasy breath. Keith pulls me up, still with my head to his chest. He swiftly lifts me off the floor and carries me to my bed on the other side of the room. He sets me down gently and covers me with blankets. Without a word he walks out the door, leaving it ajar. I am left questioning his sudden actions.

Keith returns soon after with water and a snack. "Here. I got you something," he says placing the items on the night stand. His beautiful dark purple eyes meet my bloodshot brown ones. The corners of his mouth turn up into a slight smile. Thank you," I reply with a faint blush. I ate the snack and drank half the water while Keith sat next to me on my bed, holding my hand. I look up at him and he gives my hand a reassuring squeeze. Keith takes my glass and sets it in the table. He carefully climbs over me and lays beside me in my bed. As soon as I lay down I feel him bringing me into his chest. I feel warmth rush over me. This boy is a heater I swear. My emotions have completely changed. I can't help but put on a lopsided grin. I turn over gently and face him. I stretch up and peck him on the tip of his nose. "Thank you Keith," I say laying back down and snuggling back into his chest, closing my tired eyes. I can feel his soft lips as he places a caring kiss on my forehead. "Anytime, love. I'm always here for you," he says with a smile.

I slept soundly. Exactly where I wanted to be. This is what I wanted to do. I want to be with the one I love and forget about the world. Where we can get lost in us and lost in the time.

~~~~
I just have to say, I have no idea where that came from and it probably makes no sense cause it's one in the morning. Yeah. Okay. Anyways I only used the name Keith because Keith Kogane is the light of my life. The character Keith belongs to the show Voltron Legendary Defender which I do not own of course. Dreamworlds has created a beautiful human and I love him. Goodnight! Or morning? Nah not until I wake up.

Byeeee
~Cori Shirogane