Are you kidding me?

"Wo-ah," I barely escape the flying sword of a Galra soldier. I regain my balance and kick the Galra in the ribs sending him flying backwards. He crashes into the wall and falls to the floor unconsious.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Lance with his gun up above. He takes out multiple bots doing his sharp shooter thing.

Quickly, another robot charges at me. I counter all his sword attacks with my own. Sparks fly when our metal clashes together.

When an opening comes I swiftly slice the droid in half. Panting, I look around.

Keith is surrounded by a group soldiers but he's doing well. They drop one by one.

I turn to see a sniper Galra from one of the upper levels. I follow his aim to see it pointed right at Keith's back while he takes out the last opponent.

I jump into action, adrenaline taking over. I run in front of him, taking a bullet to the shoulder.

Pain surges through my body and I grab my shoulder. "You're gonna pay for that," I sneer.

"Lance, sniper at 2 o'clock," I inform him over the comms. "Got it," he says locking onto his target and pulling the trigger.

"Nice shot Lance!" I praise. "It's what I do," he responds in a cool tone.

There's only a few Galra left. The pain from my shoulder is dulled by more adrenaline as I take on another enemy.

Soon, only the paladins stand victorious. We leave with what we came for and head back to the castle.

Inside the red lion with Keith, I can feel the adrenaline slowly leaving my body. The pain and blood loss starts to take over, but I don't say anything.

"Babe, are you okay?" Keith questions me from the drivers seat.

"Yeah. I'm fine," I say attempting to assure that nothing is wrong. If I let anyone know I'm hurt, especially Keith or Shiro, I won't be able to go on missions for a long time.

Keith turns his attention back to the upcoming castle, pulling Red into the hanger.

Exiting Red, I walk next to Keith. Spots start to cloud my vision but I fight back. We enter the control room and Shiro starts talking about our mission.

"Good job team. The mission went well. You all worked well-" I interrupt,"hey Keith?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you strong enough to carry me?"

"Yes. You're not that heavy, Dylan. Why?"

"I kinda got shot in the shoulder during the mission," I say as my vision fades more intensely.

I feel Keith catch me as my body falls. The last thing I hear is Keith yelling at me before I black out completely.

-----Time Skip-----

I pry my eyes open and find myself inside a pod. There is a calming coolness surrounding me. Almost like I'm floating in nothing. The pain in my shoulder is gone.

There is a faint hiss as the blue glass lifts up to release me. My weak body falls forward.

"Wha-" I cry. I land in someone's arms. I look up and come face to face with my boyfriend, Keith.

"H-hey Keith," I stutter. "Are you okay? How are you feeling?" Keith questions me.

"Fine," I reply.

"What were you thinking!" Keith exclaims suddenly, throwing his hands up. I fall to the floor. "Hey!"

"You got shot! Are you kidding me, Dylan! And you didn't say anything to anyone?"

I pick myself up off the ground, "I'm sorr-"

"No! Do you understand what could have happened? You could have died Dylan."

"The shot was aimed at you Keith! I couldn't let you get hit," I explain, "if I have to throw myself in the path of a bullet to keep you alive, then so be it. I'm not losing you, Keith."

I hear Keith huff. "Look, Dylan. I'm sorry for yelling. I love you so much and I couldn't stand to lose you," his voice strains.

"I'm sorry," I say just over a whisper.

He walks over to over to me and pulls me into a hug. His arms secure themselves in my hair and around my waist.

I bury my face further into his chest, filling my nose with his addictive scent. I wrap my arms around his waist, never wanting to let go.

After a few minutes, I feel Keith's hand release and travel to my face. His large hands cup my cheeks.

I stare deep into his enchanting purple eyes. Suddenly his lips crash into mine. I immediately kiss back, savoring every second.

We pull away for air, panting and our foreheads are pressed together. "I love you so much, Dylan."

"I love you too, Keith."

"And Dylan?"

"Yeah?"

"No more taking bullets for me."

"I make no promises," I reply running out out the room.

"DYLAN!"