Green-Eyed Monster

AN: This oneshot is dedicated to DonKissKissWardfan, for being my first ever follower (and to her crush, we need you to like her back!), and to my friend Nat for this prompt! I feel so kweenlig 🍩

II. Green-Eyed Monster

Prompt: Kisses and Donny as long-time best friends.

____

Beeeeeeeep. Beeeeeeeep. Beeeeeeeep.

Donny grabbed his phone on the nightstand. Blinking his eyes quickly to adjust to its light while reading the message.

Kisses 🐷: Donny~ can you pick me up please. I’m stranded here at a party. Marco was supposed to drive me home but he’s on the edge of being drunk and he doesn’t seem to want to go home yet. I want to go home, please come get me.

Donny checked the time and frantically got out of his bed, it was freaking 1AM.

Donny 🍩: Give me your locations. Quick!

Once upon a time, Donny and Kisses started out as childhood friends until his parents decided to move into the city. Kisses was left in the province but their communication was never cut-off. Letters followed by emails and text messages then eventually Skype calls come and go between the both of them for many years until Kisses’ family also moved to the city for their business.

His mom used to say that if they didn’t know any better, Kisses had already marked him for her own. They’re soulmates, their parents used to say. Both of them denies this fact of course, it will never be the both of them, romantically. They were just best friends, always side by side.

It's already well-known amongst family, that wherever Kisses goes, Donny follows. Her ever dutiful and silent shadow. And whenever Donny is invited to an event, Kisses is expected to be too. His ever constant plus one. He is the knight to her princess, but never the prince charming.

Donny realized this when Kisses ventured into modelling and eventually got up-ranked in the modelling world. Everyday, Donny noticed her drifting off with her new model friends and etcetera.

But he didn’t mind it, this was still his Kisses, their friendship was built and founded with the strongest type of rock cemented with gravel. This is what he believed in until this Marco came along and sweep Kisses off her feet like a thief. And Donny was left reeling, she is mine, she is mine, she is mine.

They’re soulmates, their parents used to say. Both of them denies this fact of course, it will never be the both of them, romantically-- until it could, Donny thinks.

The Princess might think that she got her Prince Charming but she should realize that it's always always the Knight who saves her every single time she’s in trouble. And now he’s doing it again.

Donny quietly opens the gate and sneakily escapes with the car, thrumming with worry for Kisses’ whereabouts. He was already tempted to call some of her friends’ number saved on his contacts when Kisses replied with the directions.

Donny 🍩: Don’t you dare move from there, Kisses. Stay right where you are.

I’m going to kill that prince of yours, Donny mentally added.

Kisses 🐷: Donut~ Iloveyousomuch. You're my hero! I’ll wait for you here just outside where you could see me.

.

When Donny arrived at the address, he immediately parked the car and went to seek her out. The place was very loud, the party evidently still ongoing despite the hour.

He saw her first huddled just outside the porch of the house, her teeth chattering from the cold. And by some magic, he knew she felt his presence and looked up to meet his eyes.

No words were exchanged, both happy and content to see the other. She looked tired and grateful to see him, running over to reach him and burrowed to his body for some well needed warmth.

Donny hugged her back, thankful that she’s safe. Now, he just needed to securely strap her in the car and then he could go searching for her so-called boyfriend. Nobody leaves and hurts his Princess like this and lived to tell the tale. He’s going to kill him.

“Shhh. I can hear you thinking, Donny. I’m already really very tired so could you please just let it go. Please, my Donut?”

Donny huffed, “Alright. But if you just didn’t look so miserable and tired, I would make you wait for me while I search him out and let him know just how I’m seriously going to injure him."

“Donny let’s just get home, please.”

Donny eventually pulled back from their tight hug and guided her to the car.

“I know I said we should get home, but do you think we could grab some take-out along the way?”

“Anything you want, Piggy.”

Kisses pouted at him “I’m not that fat!”

“You aren’t?”

“Hmp. You just said I was ugly and fat.”

“I didn’t say you're ugly nor fat, I only called you piggy.”

“That’s the same thing. Maybe that’s why Marco’s starting to drift away from me.”

He accidentally hit the brakes, “Excuse me? Did you just say he called you ugly?”

“No, he didn’t. I was the one who called me ugly.”

“You’re not ugly"

“I’m ugly"

“Then, I’m pregnant.”

Kisses stared at him surprised, “What!?”

“I thought we were stating things that were impossible."

Kisses stared at her best friend and giggled, her eyes full of mirth, “What would I ever do without you my Donut?”

“Should I make you a list? Because I deserve the best friend award.”

“You know, I’m really dreading the time you fall in love with someone, Donny.”

He glanced at her, silently asking for ‘why?’

“Because I’m afraid to lose you.”

Donny ruffled her hair and smiled her worries away, “That’s never going to happen, Kisses. You’re my first priority. It’ll always be you, remember that.”

THE END.

____

This is what happens when I go to Tumblr.

Thank you for reading!

Don’t forget to press that STAR icon! Thank youuuu 🍩🍬🍫🍪🍰