Feelin' Bitter Now

AN: Grabe this week was definitely DonKiss Week. I was on Instagram all daaaaaay because they're everywhere.

XXVIV. Feelin’ Bitter Now

____

Kisses Delavin should really just ask.

That’s the only thought in her mind when her eyes caught and follows the movement of the man who’s been a regular customer of their bakery for the past two weeks.

This man comes everyday at half past five in the afternoon just after working hours. He always wears a crisp suit that is never of the same design and tie color everyday.

He's young, maybe her age. And he doesn't really talk much. Kisses tried to approach him of course, once or twice but the man doesn't seem inclined to share anything about himself and as she doesn't want to be labeled as nosy, she leaves him be and lets her imagination run wild on who or what or why he always comes to visit the bakeshop every single day.

And it came as such a surprise then, when the man keeps on coming back and later became a regular. Because Kisses likes being familiar with all of her regular customers and yet she doesn't even know the man’s name at that point.

It’s too bad he doesn't seem affected by her charms either. Marydale and everyone else always says that the main reason that their bakery is such a hit on the area is because half of their customers are in love with her. She denies it but Kisses has always been the kind to give off positive aura with a dash of charming public personality.

Her work ethic has always been like that of a real life happy pill, which is to say, regular guests and newcomers are always happy to be served by happy employees like her.

All the more why he makes her very curious. He's very anti-social and she's very pro-social that he makes her want to know, to ask. (Who is he? What does he do? Why does he come here everyday?)

But if he comes to the bakery only wanting some needed privacy and peace & quiet from lively people like her, she will give that to him too.

Presently, when Kisses sees him finally take a seat on his usual table, she readily makes his coffee and bends down behind the cake rack to get the slice of cake she always manages to save for him. That at least, is something she knows about him. He likes to take his coffee black and always a slice of today’s special cake.

Setting everything on her tray, Kisses immediately crosses the floor to get to him.

“Today’s special is Mango Torte cake.” She informs him warily, placing the cup of coffee with the porcelain plate of cake on his table.

The man meets her eye once and just as quickly breaks the contact. Kisses looks down on her cute, frilly pink apron and frowns. She’s pretty sure she doesn't have anything on her face today and she always wears the same apron as a uniform everyday. And yet he does it everyday, looking and then not looking. So what's his problem now?

She should just ask. But he gives her a brisk nod, loosens his tie and gets to his own business. Ignoring her again completely.

So, she returns behind the counter to stand back and watch him. The man has his own routine, he smells the coffee first, adds two heaping spoons of sugar on it, drinks it and stares across the busy streets outside. He also always leaves not more than an hour later.

He doesn't really do anything else except that. Not even to talk, or take calls or text like every other working person do. She knows he has his phone with him though, she’s seen him pocket it once or twice before entering the bakery. Which is a very weird thing because the general people who comes inside always tends to have it close at hand and talk.