The Special Bargain

AN: Here I am! Thank you Confused Panda Bear for the inspiration! & Happy Birthday to my sister Jacky!

VI. The Special Bargain

Prompt: MYX AU, where Donny and Kisses both work at MYX.

____

MYX’s resident favorite VJ and PD (Program Director) had never really hit it off despite working together for almost six months now.

Robi, another resident VJ, had initially thought that both of them, being on the same age range, would be fast friends. But he was wrong, VJ Donny favored his other VJ friends while PD Kisses stuck to her duties like glue.

VJ Sunny, Donny’s segment partner, called it a ‘clash of personalities’.

Hannah, Donny’s sister who always comes to their studio to play, called it an ‘infatuation shyness’.

Whatever the case may be however, Kisses was having none of it today.

As a PD, she had to re-assess everyone’s schedule of activities this month to include new segments, so she switched and rehashed some programs from each VJ's timetable. It was never intentional however, when she discovered, that there was actually one VJ whose schedule she completely changed unlike all the rest.

She feels an incoming headache after seeing Donny’s face the morning he discovered that his schedule had been completely altered. She knew he was coming for her. He only decided to confront her after successfully taping his set; when it would be just the two of them at the studio.

“You can’t do this to my schedule PD Kisses-,” Donny started.

She stared at his moving lips, trying her hardest to focus on his words; her pounding head preventing her from rebutting his comments.

“-you can’t just decide an alternate segment without consulting the people hosting on that fixed timetable!” Donny heaved a frustrated sigh.

She didn't really understand a thing from what he said but she knows the gist of his irritation, and she should be calm about this but her head was pounding and she wants to return his anger back to his face.

“Okay, fine!” Kisses snapped, “You can do whatever you want then VJ Donny!” She raised her arms up into the air in an exasperated manner.

Donny was shocked of her outburst that he backed off for a little bit.

She noticed and realized her mistake, “I-I’m sorry about that. For shouting, I mean. I just can’t argue with you today.” Kisses suddenly backtracked.

Donny stared at her skeptically, suddenly thinking that something was off about their PD, simply from the fact that Kisses never yells or unnecessarily gets angry over some small matters like this one.

Observing her closely, Donny noticed her unusual pale skin, the heavy sweat forming at her hairline despite being confined in an air-conditioned room, and the way she swayed from side to side to keep her balance.

“Kisses,” he began to worry. “Are you feeling alright? You look…”

I look what? Kisses almost felt insulted. She knows she was already looking like an ugly ducking slash panda hybrid with all the stress and pressure this job has been weighing down on her. If only my head would stop throbbing.

She opened her mouth to say just that, when a series of dry coughs jolted through her throat.

Donny offered his hands for support. He made to touch her back but she straightened and avoided them.