La La Land

AN: I’m on fire. This drabble is very descriptive, wordy and graphic even though its very very short. It's unnatural how this happened but I’m a blackhole. That’s 5% dreamer and 95% I don’t know yet. BTW, IF MY SISTERS ARE READING THIS, I have no way of stopping you anyhow.... but don't talk to me later about it. I feel shyyy 😑

XXVI. La La Land

____

Today, she wakes up first.

She always does.

But she keeps her eyes closed still, wanting sleep to linger for a little while longer. Kisses loves moments like this the most, between sleep and waking. This is the only time she ever feels quite content.

She had such a good rest knowing that Donny was watching over her fall asleep like a personal guardian angel last night. And that is why he wakes up a lot later, for he sleeps a lot later after her, always making sure to chase away the bad dreams if they ever come.

When she finally opens her eyes, her hands immediately grabs on to him like a lifesaver, fingertips skimming the arm clinging on her waist. Her fingers linger on his skin, tracing it back to shoulder, then face, then pouty lips.

She carefully turns to face him. Donny looks so very different when he sleeps. He looks much younger, more carefree. She thinks of his stressful days at work as her hand continues to travel, tracing his jaw then his cheeks, and his soft, soft hair.

Donny’s eyelashes are a marvel. They’re too long and thick, it could make any other woman jealous. Under her gentle and feather light caresses, his skin tingles. Slowly waking, becoming aware of her touch. His grip around her naked hips tighten minutely and a soft sigh rolls of his slightly parted mouth.

He is so cute like this.

She kisses his eyes, one by one. And gently lifts herself off his arms. Donny immediately tenses in his sleep. Not wanting to let go of something he deemed his to protect. Always.

Kisses leans over him, hovering just above his ear. She sees the sun rising beneath the curtains.

“It’s time to face the sun, sleeping beauty.”

Donny grunts, eyelids still too heavy, he burrows further on the pillows.

Placing her elbow softly near his head, she cups his cheek, noses touching, and soft quiet breathes twining like their legs underneath the messy white sheets.

“...Donny.”

One, two, three heartbeats later, long lashes opens to welcome bright eyes. Delighted brown meets sleepy darkbrown ones, and Kisses’ heart swells with pride. He doesn’t let just anyone see this part of him. Waking up to a new day, with eyes sharpening from being vulnerable to being the one who shields and protects.

“Good morning, husband.”

He looks at her like she’s everything he could ever ask for.

“Good morning, wife.”

She smiles a little wider, and Donny’s world tilts back on its axis. A planet attracted to his solar counterpart.

Here he is, facing his smiling sun.

.

Donny bites the plum of her mouth. And then finally lets her breath. Kisses pants on his lips, oxygen rushing in to supplement her leaping heart.

He licks her lips thoroughly and nibbles on them some more. “Sorry, can’t stop.”

Kisses tries to catch her breath again. Her hands creasing his shirt collar, pulling him closer then back then closer again.

He gives her a few seconds again, his own lips pulling away, but not too far, never too far from her swollen, sweet-kissed lips to connect. His voice thick with want and eyes blazing black. “Sorry, can’t stop. You taste so delicious.”

Kisses blushes hard-red but presses her body closer too, much closer. He rubs a thumb on her moist bottom lips and kisses her hard again, leaving her with no choice but to cling to his shirt, stretching and ruining it while her knees go all weak.

Donny laughs back. “Sorry… can’t really… ever stop.”

Kisses moans on his mouth. “Me too, Donny. You… taste so good.”

He groans and she laughs when he finally carries her to bed.

.

Tonight, He waits for her to fall asleep first.

He always does.

He knows she likes to wake up before him, watching him sleep, just like he does every evening instead. Donny loves moments like this the most, between wide awake and sleeping. To watch as she snores softly in slumber and to kiss every inch of her skin he could reach. Memorizing every curve and plane, every scar and imperfection. Everything that is hers to share.

But most significantly, it is in moments like this when he is awake and she is dreaming that he confesses his unadulterated love and affection. Saying the words he never says to her when she’s awake.

He says it all wholeheartedly.

“I love you.”

I miss you.

I adore you.

I respect you.

I want you.

I treasure you.

And somehow, Donny believes Kisses could hear him everytime he says them. For for a few seconds, he could feel her heart skip a beat, breath hitching then normally still.

And like many nights before, she cuddles closer, hands unconsciously exploring the broad of his chest like she’s mapping the stars, then finally landing palms wide open on the beat-beat-beat of his heart. As if knowing that that is her place, knowing she belongs there. She owns it and she is right.

.

If Kisses is Donny’s Sun. Then Donny is her Moon and Stars. They had belonged in the same galaxy. Living in the same blue sky. Until she found him and he found her, and ultimately create their own miniature galaxies together.

THE END.

____

Slice of Married Life.

This is very vague right? Vague for me, I think.

Can’t wait to edit it all and know that I’ve completed something so bizarre. A group of unrelated stories created and compiled by simple, normal, mundane me.

For Dzaerelin and TheSunRoseEarly, who loves and accepts me despite my craziness.

Leave me a Star or even better a motivational comment!

Thank you for reading! xx