Lean on Me

AN: I don't want to do that cliche Barista and Customer love-at-first-sight story. So I stuck to my go-to kind-of realistic scenario. Oh well. Also, please check the 'Conversation' tab in my profile for my fics' schedule updates (& unavoidable rants) Follow me. Message me. Anything! Don't be shy!

VIII. Lean on Me

Prompt: Kisses and Donny in a Cafe.

____

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Click.

Tap. Tap. Click. Tap. Tap. Click. Tap.

Donny distractly worked on his laptop. Half of his concentration was focused on homework and the other half was on why his-classmate-turned-bestfriend-wasn't-here-already-when-she-was-the-one-who-insisted-to-meet-at-three-PM-sharp?

He knew Kisses is always fashionably late but not this late. Never this late.

Donny checked the time on his laptop. 3:56 PM.

That's more than fashionably late, even for her, he thinks.

He saved the draft for his and Kisses' twosome-essay and grabbed his phone. He familiarly keyed in her number and pressed 'call'.

'The number you have dialed is either unattended or out of coverage area. Please-'

"Where the hell is that girl?" he grumbled.

Just as he was about to try and call her other bestfriend, Kisses came heaving through the café door and dragged herself on the chair right in front of him.

Kisses looked flushed, like she just came from a marathon and while normally that would have worried Donny. Scratch that, Donny always worries about her. But sometimes, this time, he can't help but feel that she disregarded him for something or someone else again. Which has been happening a lot these days since that guy confessed his feelings to another girl. So, he narrowed his eyes at her.

Kissed sighed in relief. Donny is not amused. "Water, haaaaah. Get me some water, please," she pleaded.

Donny scoffed but stood from his chair, and went to get her a glass of water.

"Thank you, Donny," she smiled gratefully, reaching for the glass.

"You're late. I'm angry."

"I have a v-valid reason for my lateness," she reasoned.

He returned to his seat, "Uh-huh. You can only tell me that reason in fifteen words."

"What? So unfair!"

"You made me wait here for almost an hour when I could use that time to do other productive things. So its only fair that I set the rules this time. And you only have twelve words left by the way."

"Donnyyyyyyyy~"

"Eleven words left."

Kisses blinked and immediately raised her eyes upwards, mentally counting her words on her fingers, "Okay. Marco needed help with something, so I offered to help him."

He opened his mouth when Kisses hastily smacked her hand on his lips to stop him from saying anything, "'I' is not a word."

"Wuyudinkdeteywelporkiveyudordat?"

She comically blinked her eyes at him and he smacked her hand away, "I said, do you think that I will forgive you for that? You made me wait here without even texting me beforehand that you were once again preoccupied with that guy."