Love the Lie

AN: For sujintae. This girl made me think. Really think long and hard. I went out my room, raided the fridge and almost killed my mother in shock, it was 3:30 AM. But when inspiration strikes, this happens. And, I was in Pinterest for five hours straight, shhh don’t tell anyone.

XX. Love the Lie

____

“What do you think?” asked by a tall boy inside a dimly lit classroom, one afternoon.

“That’s fun. Let’s gather all the boys in our class for it.” says his German and shorter bestfriend, just beside him.

The leader of the two-man group, the tall, handsome boy with the dark shade of hair but wicked eyes, nods his approval.

“Alright. Tell everyone that whoever gets the lowest score on the exam gets to do it. This is our secret and his challenge, he will have a week to make that witch fall in love with him, if he fails, he will be our dog for the rest of the year.”

The german-bred claps the italian leader’s back, grinning like the pure evil bullies that they are.

____

Monday.

Kisses waited until everyone left the classroom before collecting her books. She needs to make sure nobody’s behind her with a bucket-full of water this time. The books on her desks had been bought thrice now since the start of her junior year. She’s anxious and is starting to lose reasons to give out to her parents as to why her books had kept disappearing out of nowhere.

She’s been lying, of course. She knows exactly what happened to all those books. It's better to just lie to her father’s face rather than report it. She’s already been called Ms. Goody-Two-Shoes, if she reports the bullying she wonders what trouble that would cause. What would those people even call her then? But that doesn’t matter, the person who angers you, owns you. She would die than let her bullies own her. The bill always comes at the end, she will show them.

She sighs in relief when she discovered that not one classmate remained. She sits on her desk and takes out her phone. She needs to wait for exactly an hour before leaving the school grounds after dismissal. Her bullies are tenacious individuals, they will try to catch her even at the end of the school day, but even they lose patience as easily as any highschooler, impatient for their internet vices back at home. So, Kisses waits for an hour just to be safe.

“There you are.”

Kisses looks up to the dreamy eyes of Donny. He’s her seatmate in most of their subjects. He had started to befriend her then. He talks to her during lectures, sometimes cheat on her answers during algebra but Kisses doesn’t care about that. What’s important is Donny talks to her, because nobody ever does.

Everyone is afraid of the Principal’s son.

“What do you want?”

Donny clucks his tongue, like he’s disappointed with her attitude. Donny is a playboy and he keeps trying to flirt with her and eventually saw it as a challenge when Kisses doesn’t get affected by his moves.

“I’m here to walk you home today.”

Kisses eyes him warily, “Why?”

Donny saunters inside the classroom like he owns the place, “Just because.”

Kisses assesses the situation and agrees. “Okay, but you’ll have to wait for an hour.”

Donny’s brows rose up, “Huh? But why?”