Better in Time

AN: Pasukan is legit. Too legit to quit. Anyhow, here's a drabble of Bratty!Kisses

XVIII. Better in Time

____

It's the first day of school and Kisses had woken up in a disaster.

"Urgh! Why is this happening today of all days?!" she grumpily murmured under the showerhead while quickly rinsing her hair.

The night before, her excitement of being a college freshman was so palpable that she had missed her planned bedtime from chatting excitedly to her Ate Maymay how she'd be really happy to see her in school and eat together at the campus cafeteria the next day. They talked for hours and hours on end but she had happily slept late that night, sure that her alarm would not fail her.

But luck was obviously not on her side, when she woke from an almost fairy tale dream to the loud blaring of her alarm clock alerting her that she's an hour and a half late from the time she would have wanted to wake up in. She realized that she had been unconciously hitting the snooze button for who knows how many times since then. And now, she's thirty minutes away from being totally late on her first class.

She definitely overslept, add to that, that her boyfriend - Donny, who is also her self-designated driver today had been ignoring her texts for help.

She quickly dried up only to later discover that she had misplaced her hairdyer somewhere. And after a bit of searching found it un-surprisingly not working. Just her luck!

"Urgh!!" Kisses stomped her feet in frustration and moved on to quickly braid her wet hair into a simple updo.

After that disaster, it was followed by another search for her blush-on which had proved to be a great challenge too. Kisses was so sure she had everything perfectly in place last night. So how did everything become a mess so quickly?

Doing her make up and dressing up as quick as she can, Kisses immediately collected her things, double checked and triple checked everything while still peering over her phone every five seconds for Donny's text or signal that he had arrived downstairs- but to no avail.

Kisses tried to call him, angry that Donny of all people had let her down and when he didn't answer, she had ultimately decided to book a Grab Car to bring her to school.

She ran downstairs and said her goodbyes to her parents quickly, but before she could even open her front door, a familiar loud honk came from outside alerting Kisses of Donny's arrival.

She went out and glared at Donny's convertible like its the one responsible for her lateness and grumpily canceled her Grab booking before opening the door to the passenger seat.

Donny welcomed her with a sheepish smile, knowing he's definitely doomed and late on her first day. It is only a good thing they didn't take the same courses and classes because then both of them would be late.

Donny waited for her to fix her seatbelt before starting to drive out the driveway. The silence inside the car was so thick, Kisses stopped herself from kicking the dashboard out of frustration.

"What's wrong?"

"Donny, are you seriously asking me that right now?"

Donny frowned, his eyes still on the road.

Kisses wanted to pester him endlessly but her anger had turned to deep despair and soon tears threatened to fall when Kisses saw the highway ahead of them. Because right there and then, she's sure she's not going to make it to her class on time.

The car was silent when it slowly stopped, waiting on traffic beside throngs of other vehicles in line and Kisses then had had enough of it all. She'd been so consumed by her frustrations and anger towards Donny, to her stupid stupid alarm clock, and towards herself that she had to break the silence and let out a cry.