Last to Leave

AN: For Jonghyun.

IX. Last to Leave

Prompt: Meet-cute at Airport AU

____

Kisses followed the rows of people-passengers boarding the 9 AM plane to Dubai. She is due for her first ever magazine spread photoshoot as an icon for Francis Libiran's best collection of frocks and dresses.

"Phew! No delays today. Today's such a good day!" she happily mused.

Kisses was already comfortably seated on her premium class seat, ready to take-off so that she could take that long-awaited nap when suddenly there was a streak of blinding light followed by a heavy clap of thunder.

TSSSS. . . BOOM!

"Oh no no no no no no. Don't rain, please don't rain," she chanted.

Just as she was about to pray, a heavy downpour started and automatically the plane's PA system announced that there will be a delay on their flight due to the unavoidable and unexpected change in weather.

She slumped on her seat as did all of the designated flight passengers, groaning to an untimely last minute delay on their part.

She flinched when another flash of lightning ignited the sky.

Kisses detests flight delays, she dislikes flight turbulences, but she hates thunders the most.

Seated and stranded enclosed on a piece of metal with low ceiling while a storm was brewing outside, Kisses is terrified, she gripped both sides of her seat tightly, willing the image of another lightning following a loud grumble of thunder to go away.

Despite her turmoil, she was surprised to discover that she seemed like the only one experiencing all the horrors of the sudden storm. The adults at the front row is being entertained by their flight attendants, some people had their heads burrowed on their phones, others are zoning out, even the small kids do not have a single care of her worst nightmare occuring right just outside their windows.

See Kisses, you're exaggerating. Breathe in, breathe out. It will all go away soon. Relax. Rela-

FLASH!

BOOOOM!

She cocooned to herself, covering her ears and keeping her eyes shut from all the danger.

Kisses belatedly felt the hands that were lightly tapping her back.

"--going to be alright, Miss. It's going to go all away soon," a voice said.

She opened an eye and peered to her seatmate.

A young man with big onyx eyes and jet black hair blinked back while tapping her shoulder and offering a calm smile.

"Are you feeling alright?"

Kisses blinked, "Huh?"

The young man smiled, "Do you want me to ask for some water?"

"What?"

His smile never faltered when he retracted his hand away. She almost protested, she held her hands to herself to prevent them from grabbing his warm hand back to her skin.

She vaguely heard the roar of the thunder outside while looking at the man beside her signal to a flight attendant.

"Can I have two bottled water please?"

The pretty attendant smiled at him, "Of course sir. Also, please let me extend our apologies for the inconvenience. I hope you and your companion can wait until the management's decision on the safe time for our departure."