Got You Memorized

AN: You don't know how productive one could get when one is lazying around the house. My imagination goes wild with want. (Please see attached photos at the end of the story)

XIV. Got You Memorized

____

Everyone has a type and Kisses’ definitely being tall, dark and delicious.

The best example for that is her favorite Starbucks drink: a venti-sized chocolate-chip cremé frappuccino. A teeth-rotting iced beverage, Kisses needed to consume at a pre-specified schedule before heading off to her internship/part-time job just at downtown Masbate.

Her hands gripped the steering wheel with a forceful turn, shifted her car and turned left to a curb, and drove her way to her favorite Starbucks that is located just 10 minutes away from her family’s company.

6:57 AM. She checked her dashboard and securely inched her way on the parking lot. She still had time- was her mantra after getting off her car when she giddily opened the coffeeshop door only to be welcomed by a very alarming sight.

There was a line.

And not just a line-line but a thirty people line-up straight to the other exit door.

“What is happening?” Kisses said to herself. She was more than shocked. There had never had this type of line-up at her Starbucks before. Almost thirty people lining up for coffee before 7AM on a Friday? Impossible!

She specifically chose her schedule as it is to avoid this kind of disaster. And religiously followed through her routine since her internship at her family’s station.

She checked her watch, 7:01 AM. She was late. She can’t have this kind of mess on the highlight of her week. She has to get her drink right now. This is her Starbucks. She goes here once a week, every friday at 7AM sharp for eight months straight without breaking routine. All the baristas know her, they know she can’t break her routine or she will be frustrated.

She has to do something about it.

She stomped her way towards the shop register, ignoring the various looks from the women and girls standing in line. She braced herself to greet Marydale or Edward or even the grumpy Marco to appeal her case to them but was once again surprised when she found neither of the familiar baristas peering back to her.

Did anyone order Tall, Dark and Yummy--? Or maybe a Tall, Dark and Dreamy?

Because the person standing right across from her must have been related to Adonis. His hair is black as night, and his eyes the color of a twilight sky. He’s beautiful, was Kisses' first thought. He's the kind of guy who enters every girl’s dreams at night and disappears by morning, but this one, this one is real. Kisses realized too late that she was gaping at him, her wide jaws almost dropping to the floor. She quickly removed eye-contact and mentally smacked herself. No wonder there was a line this morning.

She ignored the blushing mess of a girl next to her on the counter and demanded, “Where’s Marydale? Edward? or Marco?”

The Barista tilted his head, raising a brow, “Good Morning, Miss. I’m happy to help you in any way but giving my coworkers’ whereabouts to a stranger is not one of them.”

He is so not happy to help me, Kisses almost sniggered. She knows she’s being a bit rude but she can’t help it when she’s still haven’t got her morning chocolate fix.

She can’t calm down without that chocolate cremé frappe and if arguing with dreamy eyes will get her that drink faster, then so be it.

“I’m not a stranger. I know them. I’m a regular customer here. They always see me.”