Riding the Wave

AN: Slight Crack!

XVII. Riding the Wave

Prompt: Youtube's Lucas the Spider

____

One… Two… Three…

Kisses stretches her elevated legs forward, lying on her back with her arms lengthened along her sides. Then, she lifts her chin at chest level and draws back her legs. At an inhale, she bends and draws her left leg to her chest raising her right elbow to touch her knee, then exhale.

One… Inhale. Right leg, left elbow. Exhale.

Two… Inhale. Left leg, right elbow. Exhale.

Three… Inhale. Right leg, left elbow. Exhale.

One… Two… Three… One… Two… Three…

Three set repetitions of this single-leg stretches and she’s already heaving. Her eyes went to her watch and almost groaned, it's not even a minute since she started doing this 7-minute exercise and she’s already exhausted.

7 Minutes of Pilates and it already feels like an hour.

She wiped the budding sweat on her hairline and ultimately decided to take a break.

Kisses laughed at herself, she had always been so gullible and naive in believing random stuff. Do 7-Minutes of workout everyday, they said. It’s going to be easy, they said.

Easy, Hah! I’m already out of breath. She forced herself to sit up and leaned on the cool metal of the gym equipment at her back.

For the first time in a long, long while, Kisses decided that morning that she should go do some much needed exercise and went to the gym.

The small gym was located within their subdivision, and was also managed by local trainers who lived within the neighborhood. Small gym this might be but the managers are all exercise junkies so the gym equipment are all top-notch and readily available for a small price.

It's already May, and the heat is already unbearable which means summer is coming, which means sun-kissed skins and beach outings, which means swimming, which means memories and lots and lots of photos in swimsuits, which means lose the pounds gained during Christmas and New Year if one wants to look good in all of them.

Because let’s be honest, every girl at one point dreams to wear swimsuits in the beach and feel good about herself.

So that is why Kisses must do it now, exercise to lose a few of her baby fats before the month of summer - June, so that she could pick a cute, frilly swimsuit to enjoy the waves with.

But exercising is hard. Really, very hard for someone who’s just getting started.

Kisses decided to take a fifteen minute break while her eyes wandered and fell to the only other person exercising in the room, aside from the gym managers/instructors loitering around, fixing equipment. That only other person was her old schoolmate - Donny.

He was already doing his sets when she arrived and Kisses might have deemed it awkward to exercise in front of a boy, much less her neighbor but Donny was so very focused on flexing and stretching and lifting weights that it might as well be that she's invisible to him.

So after logging her name at the front desk, she went to the farthest open-space corner of the room and laid down her gym mat quietly, unnoticed by him.

Its a curious thing because even though they’re schoolmates and neighbors, Kisses and Donny, also despite being close in age, never really got to hangout with each other. His house was just in front of hers yet she didn’t really get to see him often after his graduation except during special holidays.