part twenty-four

deciding without a map and the kids, we would probably get lost down there in the tunnels

deciding without a map and the kids, we would probably get lost down there in the tunnels. so, we retreated up the hole.

jones was hauled up by billy, still unconscious. he shoved him in the car, not caring that his head banged against the window.

our first stop was the police station where i was sat down at an interrogation table. i kept a straight face as i told them everything jones had done and my suspicions that he had killed mama.

the deputy wrote down everything frantically, his hand moving slower than i was talking.

billy sat next to me, his hand gripping mine. when i mentioned the worst incident, his hand gripped me harder, making me glance over at him.

he eyebrows were furrowed, making me look away. he was angry.

after i had finished talking, billy and i walked out into the cold air. we didn't tell the cops anything about the kids and what they were doing— not like they would have believe us anyways.

getting back into the car, i leaned against the back of my seat as billy started the drive. he punched the steering wheel after a few moments of silence, making me flinch.

"i hope that motherfucker rots in prison," he said, breathing heavily with anger.

nodding, i turned to look outside, watching as the trees blurred against the dark of the night.

he drove to his house and we sat in the car for a moment.

"you deserve better," he said, running his fingers through his hair.

"we deserve better," i replied, emphasizing the "we."

he nodded before looking over at me. i kept my eyes looking outside despite feeling his gaze on me.

tilting my head to the side with soft fingers under my chin, i looked up and met his blue eyes.

leaning in slowly, he kissed my lips tenderly. when i leaned back to get a breath of air, his lips trailed down my neck, giving open mouthed kisses. my arms wound around his neck, the feeling new.

i moved my head to the side as he continued to kiss me. he trailed back up my neck, kissing my nose, each eye, and then the corner of my lips.

opening my eyes again, i noticed his eyes were shut.

this time, i took my fingers and tilted his head up. he opened his eyes, as they were darkened with lust.

he drifted away from my grip and got out of the car. my eyes followed his movements as he opened my door and stuck out his hand.

grabbing it, he pulled me inside the house.

——————

steamy chapter next orrrrrrr maybe not. i guess you'll just have to wait and seeeeeeee. ;)