part twenty-seven

waking up with his arms wrapped around me, his breath hitting my ear, it felt like everything was okay

waking up with his arms wrapped around me, his breath hitting my ear, it felt like everything was okay. like mama was okay, jones never existed, there wasn't some monster out there, and billy's dad wasn't one of the worst humans alive.

i held onto that moment as long as i could, never wanting to let the feeling go.

he was my small piece of sanctuary.

then, i made eye contact with his alarm clock. with the small hand on the eleven, and the small hand on the five, i gasped.

it was 11:25am on tuesday. with everything going on, it probably would've been okay to miss a day. but something inside me knew i would regret it, especially since it was only my second week. plus, i had already missed yesterday due to mama.

wiggling from under billy's bulky arms, i rushed to the bathroom where i made myself look decent enough for somewhat human interaction. then, i rushed to billy's closet where i fished out the smaller pieces of clothings i could find to wear.

finally, i hit the final step which was smacking billy awake.

"we have to go," i said, shaking him enough where he could've invented 'shaking billy syndrome'.

he mumbled something before shoving his face back into the pillow. sighing, i ripped the pillow from underneath him and repeatedly hit his face with it.

"get up," i said forcefully as some feathers went flying.

"god damnit woman. okay, okay. i'm up," he said, his voice low and husky. smiling with triumph, i gently sat the mistreated pillow back down.

he rolled his eyes before sitting up in the bed, his eyes red with sleep.

"we've already missed half of school anyways. let's just ditch," he said while looking at the clock.

i grabbed his wrist, hauling him up.

"nope, not today," i hummed, pulling him towards the dresser. i left him alone to get changed while i used his comb to untangle my hair. brown knots lay in various spots making me want to bang my head against the bathroom sink. wonderful.

knocking on the door interrupted my painful gasps that came from trying to make my hair untangled.

"let's go, princess," he yelled, making me want to chuck the comb at him through the door. thinking things through, i realized how stupid that would have been.

instead, i opened the door and threw it, hitting him square in the face. his shocked face gave me ample time to run past him and towards the car.

i was nearly there when hands went around my waist and i was thrown onto a hard shoulder. i smacked his back while laughing uncontrollably.

"billy hargrove!" i yelled as he held my legs still. hearing the door open, i couldn't see anything over his blonde hair.

then, i was chucked into the passenger seat, my head banging against the headrest. i rubbed my head and glared up at him.

"you're welcome," he said while smirking before slamming the door. i followed him with my glare until he sat next to me.

he laughed at my angry expression before kissing my lips roughly. my head was once against pressed into the headrest as his hands were on my shoulders.

he leaned away, still smirking. i stared at him openly, no longer mad.

"you know, you can't just kiss me whenever i'm," but i was cut off by his lips.

he released me before starting the car and speeding towards school.

——————

i should definitely be studying for a psych exam but why pass classes when i can write a billy hargrove fanfic?

ya girl is about to fail so hard lmao.

drama next chapter. this was your fair warning.