epilogue

things slowly dialed down until it was almost, dare i say, normal

things slowly dialed down until it was almost, dare i say, normal. we all started going back to school, no more monster hunting, and no more creepy labs.

but there was one more thing that terrified me to my core.

the snowball.

it, being my first school dance with my first boyfriend, i was nervous. i wanted everything to be perfect.

as i walked out of max's room, my hair up and my dress tight, i took a breath.

i walked across the hall, my heels clicking. i knocked on billy's door, biting my tongue in anxiousness.

and then he opened the door.

for the first time since i had met him, his eyes widened with shock and he was left speechless.

"hot damn," he said, shaking his head in disbelief. he didn't say anything else as he took his keys off of the dresser and took my hand.

as we passed max's door, he banged on it and yelled, "get in the car!"

i slid in next to billy and max slid in next to me. my leg bounced nervously as we approached the school. billy put his hand on my thigh to keep it still. i looked over at him but his eyes were still on the road. my leg kept still the rest of the way.

then, we were there. walking into the gymnasium, music played loudly. i looked all around, my eyes glistening; it was all beautiful.

max went off to find her friend and i turned towards billy.

"want to dance?" i smiled at him before nodding.

laughing, i let loose and just closed my eyes while i danced. for the first time, no one else mattered. just me, in the moment, being free.

the music slowed down and i opened my eyes and was met with billy's brooding look.

he grabbed my waist before pulling me into him, not asking first. i gasped as our bodies collided and his arms wrapped around my waist. i put my arms around his neck, smiling.

putting my head against his shoulder, i hummed along to the music playing in the background.

"i love you," i whispered into his jacket.

i didn't hear it at the time, but he had whispered the same three words into my hair as we swayed that night.

and that night, everything finally clicked and i wasn't just a ghost girl doing the same thing i always did.

i was finally living— with new friends that i could call family.

————

*drop mic* i hope you liked it