-29-

Here's your penultimate part! Request you all to not be silent, dear readers.Your comments motivate me.Read on and do drop a line on what you think!

It's the day of Abhigya's engagement and the Mehra household has a festive flavor to it.. The wedding is going to be held after a couple of months as Abhi and his family have to make the necessary arrangements for the big day and he also has to take care of some business back in London,so having the wedding immediately was kind of ruled out for now..

Bulbul is getting ready in her room..Abhi knocks the door..

"Gudiya .. Your BHAI is getting engaged today "

Bulbul comes and opens the door..
"Hey Bhai. thanks for enlightening me ..I am getting ready for that very purpose."

"Just wanted to make sure you know..what with Purab proposing and all that .. so you shouldn't get confused that YOU are getting engaged today right?..waise bhi you have been inside , getting ready for almost two hours now."

"Bhai, You will get engaged only once in your lifetime ..and there will be people from the media and so many photographers . Bulbul Mehra can look no less than perfect,"she says with a wide smile

"You sure do look cute Gudiya,"he says and pulls her cheek.

"Bhaiii it's paininggg"she nearly screams .. Just then , they hear some dhol and music from downstairs .. They peep from the stairs to find their would be in laws and their respective lovers entering their place..

"Pragya diii,"Bulbul screams and Pragya looks up, gives a flying kiss to Bulbul and blushes when she looks at her Woh .

Pragya looks breathtakinglybeautiful in the saree that they had bought at the mall.Mr Abhishek Mehra is noless..girls out there will definitely be heartbroken, at the fact that he isgoing to be someone else's officially , in sometime.

It's Bulbul's turn to blush next when Purab winks at her and mouths a 'You look beautiful' to her.
Bulbul is wearing a pista green lehenga with silver work on it and Purab is wearing an off white sherwani..

Both families exchange pleasantries and hugs and chat for a while when Dadi announces that it's time for the engagement..
The engagement gets done to perfection, with all close friends and family wishing and blessing the couple. They wish Pragya good luck as she has taken up the task of managing Abhi for a lifetime.Well that was not easy nowwas it ?Though he was THEfamous designer to the outside world, who other than family knows best abouthis childish and naughty side ? So I guess our Prags could do with some goodluck.

When there is a function at the Mehras , has it ever concluded without music and some dance ? Never!

So Bulbul takes the mic and starts talking..

"Attention everyone ! Hello and welcome to my Bhai and Pragya bhabhi's engagement.. Hope you are having a good time till now .. But now the next hour is going to be memorable for sure ..patha hai kyun? Kyunki your favorite Abhi is going to dance with his fiance .. and after the first dance , the dance floor will be open and other couples can join too. Have a great evening !"

And of course,the hall erupts with loud claps and cheers..Bulbul runs to Pragya and Purab to Abhi.

"Bhaii go go go ! It's your day! Time to have some fun!!,"he says and pushes Abhi to the dance floor and Bulbul does the same with Pragya and a second later Prags is in our Hero's arms.

They both smile at eachother ,letting the feeling of 'Yes we are engaged .. Together for a lifetime'feeling to sink in..Abhi rests one hand on her waist and places his other handin hers while Pragya places her free hand on his shoulder .."Ishq bulavaa" slowly starts playing in the backgroundand they move slowly , swaying as the music plays , unable to take their eyesoff each other and in a world in which only they belong.

The song ends,followed byclaps and aww's at how beautiful they look together. 

The other couples,along with Bulbul and Purab join the dance floor and have a great time..

After the dance ,dinner follows .. The guests cannot stop praising the amazing food and the families feel happy about that. The guests leave after a while and now it's just the two families in the living room.

"We have to call the pandit to decide the dates for their wedding right ji?,"asks Sarla to the group.

"Of course of course .. In a couple of months should be fine I think.. We will call him early tomorrow morning then,"Dadi says and all of them agree with her.
They continue talking about how good the function was and the two couples keep stealing glances at each other.

It's time to leave and so the Aroras bid goodnight and go out to the entrance ..Abhi and Bulbul follow them and the parents leave the kids,knowing that they need some alone time..

Purab and Bulbul walk to the garden while Abhi and Pragya stand outside the garage near the door.. Abhi hugs Prags and kisses her forehead .. " So finally ! We are engaged cutie pie !! I can't tell you how happy I am right now" he says and lifts her and twirls her around and places her on the ground.

Pragya laughs at her lovable would -be and says " I love you Abhi. I am a lucky girl to get to marry my Prince Charming ! This has been the best day of my life till date. Thank you for coming into my life and making it beautiful."

"The feeling is mutual Prags..you are the best ! okay as much as I hate to let you go , me being a responsible son -in law should do that for now .. Uncle and aunty ji are waiting..I will meet you in your dreams Prags ,"he says with a wink, hugs her again and takes her to her parents ..

Here,the younger couple are chatting about their siblings' engagement.
"They looked so cute together Purab ! I can't believe they are engaged already and wow the wedding is gonna happen in a few months! After that you and Di will come to London too! Happy days aheaddd,"she says and does a small happy dance. 

Purab smiles at how excited she is and says "Yes Nightingale.. I can't wait for that phase either ..life is going to be real good ! The only sad thing is that I will get to marry you only after few years , after we both settle down in our respective careers ..but our families know about us so that's a big relief "

They continue talking for a while and walk back to where Purab's family is waiting for him.. The Aroras leave bidding goodbye and one of the most memorable days in all their lives,comes to an end thus.    

I hope you're liking the story!