30

It's Wednesday November 22nd, the day I meet Jacob's parents. I've been so nervous for this day, but I'm even more nervous since I figured out that I don't really love him anymore. Cassie is really excited not only to see the Nutcracker, but to also meet Jacob's parents. It started at seven, and it's currently five thirty. Cassie is already dressed, but I'm still panicking . I feel nauseous and so afraid. Is this the time where I spill that I don't like Jacob? No, I can't do that in front of his family.

"Mom, Jacob is here." Cassie yells from downstairs.

I panic even more since I'm only halfway dressed. I looked myself in the mirror and gave myself a little pep talk. I can do this. Just make it through today, and then tell him everything later. I finished getting dressed and went downstairs. Jacob and Cassie were just talking .

"Hey sweetie, you look stunning." Jacob said. I can tell that he was madly in love with me because I look like absolute crap.

"Thanks. Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah. Parents said that there's already a lot of traffic there. They also said it's a sold out show, so good thing I got the tickets earlier."

"Yeah, that's good."

The drive to the venue for the Nutcracker was an hour long. It usually takes about thirty minutes, but the traffic was bad. We found a parking spot, got our snacks, and took our seats. Of course, we were front and center. Jacob told me that we would be meeting up with his parents afterwards, and that we would go out and eat. I still felt very nervous, and I wasn't ready to meet his parents.

The lights started dimming, which indicated that the show was about to start. I always loved the Nutcracker . My parents used to take me to see it. I always wanted to be a ballerina when I was little, but my parents never put me in ballet. I looked over at Cassie, who was really amused by everything. She looks like a little five year old gazing at all the dancers. My attention was brought back to the dancers when Jacob tapped on my shoulder.

"Look, the one with the bright blue tutu is my mom." He pointed to the lady who was being picked up by this guy. His mom looked super young.

"Wow, your mom looks really young. How old is she?"

"She's 52."

"What!?" I said louder than expected .

"Yeah, I know that she is pretty old to be in a ballet, but she has the looks of a 29 year old, so they still have her. This is actually her last year. She's leaving to become a choreographer."

"Oh, okay."

We watched the rest of the ballet, which was amazing. Everyone stood and gave them a standing ovation. The dancers walked off stage, and we walked back to the backstage area. Jacob handed us badges so we were allowed back there. We waited in the general waiting are for Jacobs parents.

"I'm so excited for you to meet them. They'll love you, but not as much as I love you." Jacob said, kissing my forehead.

I felt so bad. Jacob deserves someone so much better than me.

"син!" (Son). Someone yelled. I turned around to see the same lady from the stage run over to Jacob.

"мама." Jacob said. He stood up and gave her a big hug. They both started talking there foreign language, which was pretty cool to hear. He must've said something about me because his mom turned and looked at me.

"Hi, I'm Aleksandra, Jacob's mom. It's so nice to meet you. You're such a beautiful young women."

"Thanks. I can say the same. You look younger than me." I laughed.