1

It's the middle of May, May 17 to be exact. Natalie laid in bed, starring at the ceiling fan. Life has been difficult ever since she had a child. Her parents practically abandoned her once they found out she was pregnant at the age of 16. Like most teen pregnancies, the other partner left. His music career took off a year after we had the baby, and he just left. He said he would come back, but that was 13 years ago. His daughter, Cassie, is now 13, and she doesn't know anything about her father. She constantly asks about him, but Natalie never answers. How could she tell her daughter that her dad just left them? Natalie has seen him on tv, she's even heard him on the radio a couple of times. Cassie would always ask about this man, and why Natalie hates their music so much, but she would always get the same answer, he's no one, and that she just doesn't like that type of music.

His voice, personality, and appearance changed over the years, but that's what always happen. People always change over the years, especially 13. Natalie used to be a carefree person. She would do whatever she wanted, which is why she became pregnant. Now she is a single mother, who cares about everything. She can't do what she wants, and she can't be the party animal that she used to be. She had to make sure that her daughter gets everything she needs. Food, clothes, an education, everything she needs in life.

The sun started to rise, and the deathly rays broke through the curtains. It was time to start the day, a day that would unexpectedly take a turn.