3

It's been two days since I've gotten the letter from Oli. I haven't even told Cassie about it yet, which is horrible since the concert is tomorrow. Cassie was in her room listing to music on her tv. It was of course bring me the horizon.

"Hey Cassie, can I talk to you please?"

"Yeah, what's up mom?" She asks, turning down her tv.

"Well.."

What am I supposed to say? Your father, who is Oliver Sykes from bring me the horizon, finally decided to contact us and asked if we wanted to meet up. I couldn't get any words out of my mouth because I had no words to say.

"Um, mom, Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I know that you like bring me the horizon, and I saw that they are having a concert here tomorrow, so I bought us tickets to see them."

"No way! You're lying!"

"Nope. I have more news too. I also bought backstage passes, so you get to meet the whole band."

"I can't believe this mom! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She said giving me a big hug and crying. "Wait, I thought you didn't like the music they made."

"I don't really, but I'll go through that pain to make you happy."

"Wow, thank you so much mom. Okay, I need to pick out something to wear now. It has to be very nice, but not too nice. Bring me the horizon's fans are mostly emo teens, so should I wear something emoish? Nah, I don't have any emo clothes, and I don't have the famous emo haircut."

"Cassie, whatever you wear will look nice. Don't stress about what to wear now, you still have tomorrow to pick."

"I know, but I want to have everything ready by tomorrow. I'll find something though. Thanks again mom, this is the best gift ever."

"You're welcome sweetie."

I walked out of her room and went into mine. I have one thing down, now we just have one more, which is to explain to Cassie that Oli is her dad. I keep debating whether to tell her before we get there, or to wait and have both me and Oli tell her. How would she react to this? Would she be happy, sad, mad? All of this made me have a massive headache.

I grabbed the letter out of my desk and read it over and over. What if all of this is a joke? What if he leaves us again? All of this made me need a drink. I went downstairs to the kitchen and fixed myself some wine. I looked at the time and saw that it was only 8:35. Tomorrow is the day that my daughter finally meets her dad. She always wanted to know about her dad, and now's the time that she will. It just hurts me knowing that it took 13 years for him to finally visit us. Red flag Natalie, red flag. He left you alone in the first place, this is all a bad idea. He doesn't want anything to do with you guys. He probably just wants to check up, and then he'll leave for another 13 years. It's not like I can go back now though. I already told Cassie about, and she's already excited. I guess I'm just going to have to let everything happen.