37

It's New Year's Eve, and the house is more filled than it was on Christmas. We bought some fireworks for the kids, but there really wasn't many kids. Oli and the boys helped the kids pop the fireworks while I socialized.

"So," Emma began as she took a swig of her white wine. "Oli finally got rid of that Alissa girl?" She asked.

"Yeah." I answered nonchalantly.

"Thank god, I hated that bitch!" Tillie, Matt's girlfriend, yelled.

"Same. She always acted like she was better than everyone. Plus, she was really young. Like the chick just turned 20." Deni, Lee's wife, said. "I'm really sorry that Lee even suggested her for Oli. I told him that it was a stupid idea."

"It's not Lee's fault. I mean it was a kind thing to do." I said, laughing at all the things they said about Alissa.

"That's true, but he could've chosen a more decent person." Chloe, Mat's girlfriend said.

We all laughed and talked about how mean Alissa was. It was nice getting along with all of the girls. This was really the first full conversation we had together, other than me and Emma. Emma and I talked a lot . She was really my one true friend that I made up here.

"Hey guys, there's five minutes until New Years." Jordan yelled . Everyone gathered around the tv with their bottle of champagne. Cassie had sparkling cider. It was finally one minute before the new year. Everyone was happy and excited. It finally got down to thirty seconds. Oli finally moved in next to me. He had one arm around my waist. Everyone started counting down.

5
4
3
2
1
Happy New Years!

Everyone yelled and started drinking their champagne . All the couples had there New Years kiss. I turned around to kiss Oli, but I noticed he wasn't next to me. That's when I noticed everyone was starring at me. I looked down to see Oli on one knee with a black box in his hand. Everyone was gasping and whispering.

"Natalie," he began. "I know that we had a pretty rough start, and I mean really rough, but you showed that that didn't define our relationship. We both messed up and did stupid things, but we managed to pull through. My dad always told me to never let my future slip away from me, and well, you're my future. Even though that's really cheesy."

"That's my boy!" Oli's Dad yelled out in the back.

"So, I decided that I should just stop letting things get bad, and stop letting you get away, and just make you mine. So, would you marry me?"

Everyone was anxious on what my response would be. Cassie was also very anxious. She looked at me and nodded, as if telling me that I should say yes. Everyone in the room was wanting me to say yes, and so was I.

"Yes!" I finally said. Tears of course were rolling down my face.

Everyone cheered and screamed. Oli slid the ring on my finger and kissed me. We were officially together. He was now my fiancé. We would be an official family, and that was all I wanted in life.