9

It was now 4:36, and I'm just starting to get tired. I wasn't sleeping the whole entire time I was in my room because I wasn't tired. I started to get thirsty, so I went out to the kitchen. I searched through the fridge and found a bottle of water. As I was walking back to my room, I decided to go check on Cassie. She was sleeping peacefully, so I quickly gave her a kiss on the forehead and left. As I was leaving out of Cassie's room, Oli was entering his room, but he stopped once he saw me.

"Oh, did I wake you?" He asked. His morning voice was quite attractive.

"No, I was just getting a water. "

"Okay. Did you sleep at all? You look really tired."

"No, not really. I guess I should go sleep then. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

He was about to enter his room, but I couldn't just let him go without asking.

"Why now?"

"What?"

"Why did you wait until now to try and fix everything? Why would you pick now to try and be a father?"

"Like I said before, I want to be in Cassie's life."

"You could've been in her life when she was born, but you obviously wasn't.  You had all this time to make it up, but you are too late. She is thirteen, turning fourteen in three months. You missed out all of her childhood. You missed everything because you cared too much about the music than your own family. So why would you try to make your way into her life when you already missed so much. Do you even care about her? Do you care about me?"

"Do you even hear what you're saying Natalie? Of course I care about you and Cassie! I know that I missed out on a lot, but I don't want to miss out on what I have left. Why are you making things difficult?" He started to raise his voice, but not loud enough to wake up Cassie.

"Difficult? No, you are the one being difficult."

"Say whatever you want, but you're the difficult one. It's obvious that you want me in Cassie's life, but yet you keep pushing me away. It's also obvious that Cassie wants to know who her dad is. I should be able to be in my daughters life, but your pushing me away."

"I wouldn't have to push you away if you would've stayed in the first place!" I yelled as tears streamed down my face.

He was quiet for a little bit, but he finally spoke up.

"It hasn't even been a full day, and you already managed to make this a fucking mess. Why can't you let things go? I'm trying to fix something, and you're too busy bringing up the past."

" I wouldn't have to bring up the past if you would've sta.."

"For fuck sakes why can't you drop it!" Oli yelled while slamming his hands on the wall.

I've never seen him have so much anger inside him. It frighten me, and it must've also frighten Cassie because she came running out her room.

"What just happened? Why is everyone yelling?" She asked, still sleepy.

Oli and I both just stood there silent, not knowing what to say. My back was towards her, so she couldn't see me crying.

"Can someone pleases explain what happened?"

"Nothing Cassie, nothing happened. Just go back to sleep."

"Mom, are you.."

"I said go back to sleep. This is adult business."

She quickly ran to her room and closed her door. Oli was still looking at me. He had a face filled with regret and sorrow.

"Look, I'm sorry Natalie."

"Just go fuck yourself." I said as I walked to my room.

The night, or should I say morning since it's now 5:05, is completely ruined. I honestly don't even think that I can handle the rest of this trip. Why did I have to go and mess everything up ? We could've been fine, everything could've been fine if I would've just stayed calm. I fucked everything up.