16

The last four days in Sheffield was filled with a bunch of random activities such as rock climbing, bowling, and going to the movies. I was and is still surprised that Oli forgave me for hooking up with Curtis. I still feel bad, but it's not like we're dating or anything. I just have very mixed emotions over everything. I knew that the trip was a bad idea, but some good things did happen.

Oli has been calling or FaceTiming us whenever he had time to. He would mostly spend the time talking to Cassie, and then use the last couple minutes to talk to me. Cassie seems to be happier now that she knows who her father is.

When I wasn't talking to Oli, I was talking to Curtis. I know that I shouldn't be talking to him, but I've gotten closer to him ever since we hooked up. It's not like I'm cheating on Oli though. He's never asked me to be his girlfriend or anything, so he can't tell me who I can and can't talk to. Everything's just been really confusing for me lately. Do I love Curtis, or do I love Oli.

Two months later
In two days, it would be Casie's birthday. Oli thought that it would be a good idea to fly down and visit for her birthday. He's supposed to land on Cassie's birthday, and we are supposed to go out and have a little family get together. My phone buzzed, so I went to check it. I thought it would be Oli, but it was Curtis.

Curtis: Hey, can we talk?

I should've cut Curtis off ever since we started talking again, but I didn't. I know that Oli would be mad if he caught us talking, but we aren't dating, so would it really hurt him. It's not like we're doing anything risky. I replied, not really knowing what I was getting myself into. 

Natalie: Sure, what's up?

Curtis: I really freaking miss you, like really bad. You know a hand isn't the same as the real thing, if you know what I mean ;). I know we shouldn't be talking, but I just really want you. I really want to be with you. I know you feel the same. If you didn't, you wouldn't be texting me after Oli told you not to.

Natalie: We only had sex once, Curtis. Just go to the bar and bang some random chick if you're that horny. We can't be together, and I don't feel the same way. Please stop texting me, Oli is going to be here in two days, and you know what would happen if he sees this.

Curtis: if you didn't feel the same way, you could've blocked me, or just stop texting back. I know what Oli would do, and I don't care what he would do. I love you, and there's nothing that he can say or do to stop me.

Natalie: i don't like blocking people. What if you had something really important to say? I wouldn't get the text or the call if I blocked you.

Curtis:  0h wow, that's such a lame excuse. You seriously need to pick Natalie. I'm not just gonna stay here forever. You have to pick between me or Oli.

Natalie: I can't pick Curtis. I love both of you. It's just really complicated.

Curtis: just think about it. Oli left you for music. He left you. I was always here for you, even after you left me for him. I always loved you even after you broke my heart . I would be the better choice for you Natalie.

I sighed at the points he brought up. Oli did leave me and Cassie for the music, and Curtis was always there for me. I mean, Curtis and I haven't talked during the past thirteen years, but I'm pretty sure that he would've answered if I called, unlike Oli, who never called.