Date Night

Caitlin's POV
I placed red lipstick on my lips and mascara on my eyelashes and blinked repeatedly then stared at my reflection.

Are you sure you want to do this, Cait?

The doorbell rang, I fixed my hair one last time and opened the door.

He was holding a bouquet of red roses in his hands and a box of chocolates on the other.

He was smiling wide and stepped forward.

"You look beautiful" he said and kissed me on my cheeks. He's such a hopeless romantic, I laughed at his gestures. "What's all this?" I giggled.

"These are for you. I've been asking you for the past week to go out on a date with me and now that you've agreed, I don't want you to leave so chocolates and flowers are my plead for you to stay"

How is he so adorable? I gave him on a kiss on his cheeks as well and said "thank you". That's all I could of said to him. How do I tell him that I'm in love with Barry.

Eli cares for me, just me and perhaps that's what I need.

After a minute of being blindfolded and guided towards somewhere with sand? The beach?

He actually brought a blind fold and asked me to put it on because he claims that he has prepared the best date night. After listening to him brag about how much of an amazing guy he is, I playfully aimed to slap his shoulder with the blindfold on but I missed and hit his chest.

"Hey!" He laughed. "You hit like a girl"

I rolled my eyes and pulled away my hands to fold them but he pulled them towards the back and hugged me from behind.

Slowly, he took off the blindfold and... wow. It was beautiful.

It was a mattress with white covers and pillows on sand of the beach with lights around it. A piece of cloth next to the mattress with a perfectly set up dinner which had my favourite dish and something in a little cooler which I'm assuming has desert.

Tears of joy were forming in my eyes and I looked at him.

Eli really really likes me.

"I know I met you recently" he said softly. "But there's something special about you that has a hold on me. I would do anything to make you smile, Caitlin. You deserve all the happiness in the world-"

Without hesitation, I kissed him on his lips. I opened my eyes to see that his eyes were still closed and he was enchanted by the kiss. He didn't move for about 5 seconds.

It's funny, the guy I'm in love with makes me believe that I'm not worth it yet this other amazing guy tells me that I am.

He convinces me that I'm beautiful, just the way I am and I want to fall in love with him.

I want to adore him as much as he adores me.

After about 10 seconds, he holds my hands and smiles "aren't you hungry?"

Somehow, I can't help but smile because I can sense how much he cares in his gestures, his words, his actions.

"Did you cook the food yourself?" I asked

A proud smile appeared on his face "why yes, I did"

"That explains the test" I responded while putting down the fork.

Highly offended, he states "it tastes great! This is my special recipe!"

Trying to cover up the fact that the food does indeed taste great, I shrugged and stared at the ocean. Smelling the fresh air, finally feeling a sense of calmness with him.

"Eli, thank you f-"

In a flash, someone came to crash the date.

Barry Allen soaking in wet clothing and staring at Eli and I as Eli quietly shove a piece of chicken in his mouth.

Oh for the love of god.

--------

Helllooo🤗