Silence

General POV
Cisco and Barry were sitting in S.T.A.R. Labs, Caitlin was on the bed, lifeless.. dead.

While Iris was locked up in a metahuman cell. Jo entered the room to see Barry, whose eyes were red and staring into no where with Cisco who seemed to be losing his mind.

"What happened?" He said while searching for Iris and the rest of the members.

There was silence.

He ran over to Barry and began shaking him for answers. "Is my daughter okay?!" He shouted.

Barry looked up at Jo with tear stains on his cheeks and said "she's fine, she's in a cell"

Confused but relieved that she was alive, he got up and went to her. Cisco and Barry followed him.

Seeing his daughter with blood on her hands, messy hair, sitting and crying into her hands. He tried to let her out but Cisco stopped him and Barry took his weapons.

"She killed Caitlin", Cisco said.

Barry's POV
I know Jo and Iris are speaking about something but I can't seem to hear their voices clearly. She's dead.

That's all I can see or feel. She's dead.

-flashback to when Barry met Caitlin-

There was this light flashing in my eyes and I woke up in this strange 'lab'. When the light was gone, I saw a doctor who said something about my eyes and asked for a urine sample.

After finding out about my powers, I went to her to explain them.

She laughed and told me that she wasn't familiar with my powers but if I co-operate with her then we would be able to understand them, together.

"I'm not part of some secret government organisation that creates super humans or metahumans so I won't have all the answers you seek immediately but I can assure you that I'll figure them out all, for you" she gave a warm smile which made me feel something that I didn't for a while, comfort.

She was not just my personal doctor but my friend.

It was the night where we both went out, she was singing terribly on the stage yet dancing, laughing and having fun.

This will sound strange but she wasn't my friend nor doctor in that moment. She was a girl who I met in the bar and was crazy about.

After thinking about asking her out for days, I decided not to because it was too risky. I'd lost everyone and I wasn't willing to lose her. Have you ever loved someone so much that you leave them as a friend in your life because you can't risk losing them?

Call it toxic or whatever you may but I refuse to lose her.

-Present Day-

If I asked her out sooner then none of this would have happened.

It's my fault.

I got up and left Jo, Iris and Cisco to stay with her.

Her body was pale and cold but I didn't mind holding her hands and absorbing the coldness.

Her skin looks so smooth and gorgeous. Then it struck me, there were no bruises on her skin.

Cold air exited her mouth and I felt her gently squeezing my hand.

She's alive.

------

Thank you for being patient and voting! The story has about 5 more parts left ☹☹☹ but I'll continue writing Snowbarry fanfiction! What type of fanficition would you like next time ?