Chapter Seventeen

I'll never get used to this. Waking up in Blaine's arms, his warmth embracing me. I have to lay still for a moment, not wanting to move and wake him up at all. But eventually, I roll over, to find that he's awake and looking at me.

"Good morning," I whisper. He smiles and kisses my forehead.

"Morning beautiful. How'd you sleep?" He asks.

"I always sleep good when I'm in your arms," I say, snuggling as close to him as I can possibly get, my face buried in his chest as I feel him start to play with my hair. I smile, relaxation spreading all across my body.

"Merry Christmas," Blaine whispers.

"Merry Christmas," I repeat, a lazy smile still on my face as we stay like that, just breathing each other in. My eyes close in bliss as Blaine continues to play with my hair.

"We should head downstairs before your parents wake up, shouldn't we?" Blaine asks. I sigh, not wanting to ruin this moment, but knowing that we do need to get up.

"Yeah, we should," I say, and with a deep sigh I slowly crawl out of Blaine's hold. I let him go to his room to brush his teeth while I do the same, meeting him downstairs, where Finn is already awake. This doesn't surprise me, as Christmas is the only morning he wakes up before noon voluntarily.

"Merry Christmas," Finn grins at me as I head to the kitchen, preparing a pot of coffee for everybody.

"Back at ya," I say, yawning. I start to grab some eggs and a bowl, preparing to make breakfast.

"How does eggs and toast sound for breakfast, Finn?" I ask. Blaine walks into the kitchen then and kisses my cheek as he passes me, making me smile.

"Sounds good. Do you think we should wake up mom and Burt?" Finn asks, looking at the presents under the tree longingly. I roll my eyes at him.

"We can wait until breakfast is ready, or they come down on their own. In the meantime, why don't you and Blaine separate presents into piles?" I suggest, knowing Finn is dying to get started on opening his presents.

"No problem. Come on, Blaine!" Finn and Blaine start organizing presents into separate piles according to the recipient. I smile as I watch Blaine's face break out in a grin when he sees his presents from my parents.

Breakfast is made quickly, and I send Finn up to wake the adults. He comes down with them, both looking tired while Finn's excitement is clear.

"Hey, Finn, what time is Rachel coming over with her parents?" I ask.

"Around noon or so? I just told her to bring them whenever," Finn answers, grabbing a plate and piling it with food.

"And my family should be coming over around three," Blaine says. I grab his hand and squeeze, knowing that he's not exactly looking forward to seeing his parents.

"Your brother is coming over too, right?" I ask. At this, Blaine smiles again, a fact not ignored by my parents.

"Yeah, he's excited to meet you guys," Blaine tells my family. I grin, grabbing my food and coffee before heading to the living room, where Dad and Carole sit next to each other on the couch. Finn takes the chair, and Blaine and I take the floor next to each other, just like we were last night.

"How'd you boys sleep?" Dad asks.

"Fine," Finn states.

"Good," I say.

"Yeah, pretty good," Blaine says, grabbing my hand.

"Yeah, I figured. Kurt's bed is pretty comfortable," Dad casually takes a sip of coffee, while both Blaine and I blush.