Chapter 10

Hannah's POV

i stuck my hand out to Hayes and helped him up, and guided him towards the middle of the bus. a couple rows in front of Shawn. i sat on the inside seat, and he sat on the other one. 

i looked him in the eyes,

Me- "Hayes, what happened back there? You can tell me, trust me.!"

he broke eye contact and looked down. not budging.

Me- "Hayes, i'm trying to help, but in order to help i need to know whats-

Hayes- " FORGET ABOUT IT! THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO! SHES GONE, I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT IT.!" He yelled, and stood up and went to walk back to his seat.

I rushed up behind him, grabbed his arm, spun him around and stopped him.

Me- "HAYES! Listen to me. You have to talk about this. Keeping it in will do absolutely nothing. Now go back to those seats, and sit down , you're not getting away with this. I'm not trying to be the bad person, just cooperate, and trust me. That's all i'm asking for."

He looked so surprised, and so did everyone else. He walked past me and to the seats we were at, and sat down on the inside this time. I looked over at Nash, and he had his head in his hands. i went back to our seats with Hayes.

Hayes- "How's this suppose to help. It won't change anything" he whisper/talked with a tear running down his check.

i scooted closer, and grabbed his hands.

Me- "Hayes, i'm not saying it's gonna change anything, just talk to me. Tell me what happened, and how you felt.

he sat there for a couple minutes, then finally spoke...

Hayes- "Me and my cousin Natalie were in my room playing video games like we usually do. We were really close, she understood me, we liked all the same things, we were basically best friends. it was about 11 pm, and when shes over this late she usually sleeps over, but this time she didn't want to. she said she had stuff to do before she went to bed. So we walked downstairs and she got her stuff. i asked if she wanted me to walk her home, but she said no because it's only like 10 houses down the road. Well we stepped out onto the porch, we hugged and she started walking. i sat on the chair and waited for her text for when she arrived home. it had been about 10 min and i started to worry. next thing i knew i heard a scream, and a gun shot. i ran, faster than i ever have. i found Natalie laying on the sidewalk, blood running from her body. Nash must of heard it too because he came up behind me, i yelled at him to call 911. i got on the ground with her, and just sobbed. all i heard were sirens and saw all the lights, and they took her. they took her away from me. i just i didn't know what to do. she was dead. my best friend was dead. i-i-i " he started sobbing.

i grabbed him and just hugged him. 

Me- "Hayes, shh it's okay. i know how you feel. and it sucks. i know, i've gone threw it twice! you wanna just shut everything out, but being completely honest it won't do anything. talking helps.. i bet you feel a little better. sure, i can changed it, but i'm here for you anytime! i love you, and i wanna help, i know how it feels and i want you to know u can talk to me any time. not kidding. and i want you to feel like i'm your sister!" 

Hayes- "But i don't wanna lose you like Natalie"

Me- "Hayes, you won't! i promise. 

he looked up and smiled at me, i kissed his forehead, and hugged him. 

Hayes-" I'm gonna go back by Nash, and lay down since we are still in traffic. Thank you Hannah, i truly mean it, i love you.

Me- "Love you too."

i sat there and smiled to myself. i got up and all the boys were still watching, they all smiled at me. Nash looked at me, got up at hugged me. 

Nash-" Thank you so much."

i just smiled, and he kissed my forehead. 

i looked over at Shawn he was smiling at me, and patted the seat next to him and nodded. i went over and sat there, and he hugged me. 

Shawn- "Are you okay? i heard your guys talk. Do you need to talk?"

my eyes got all teary just thinking about it.

Me-" Not now please, i can't. just seeing him like that was hard enough.."

Shawn- "No problem, just remember i'm here for you!" he said hugging me.

soon i fell asleep in his arms, still in traffic.