Chapter Three

Conquer

She had left the Elven halls of Mirkwood a while ago and she could see the Mountain. It hadn't taken long, only about half a day. The dwarves had a head start but they were not going to ruin this for her. Not now, not ever. She scaled the cliff wall and found her way to the platform. The dwarves sat their waiting. Waiting for the Hobbit. They did not notice her, for she had slipped inside without making a single sound.

This woman was good. She ran down the staircase and came into the halls of Erebor. A great rumbling sound was heard in the distance and a flash of red light. The dragon was not asleep anymore. She hurried in that direction and tripped on the endless mounds of gold countless times, unable to find her footing in the endless piles of coins and trinkets.

"You think flattery will keep you alive Barrel Rider?" a booming voice spoke, echoing through the stone halls. 

"Of course, flattery can trick even the greatest, dear Smaug." she smirked as she came upon the great beast.

The dragon turned to the new voice, scanning the woman and coming to the base of her neck, "That jewel, around your neck, it is familiar to me." Smaug exclaimed, sliding towards her.

"Oh Smaug, you have seen this before. Let me show you what it can do." She warned and ripped the jewel from her throat, holding it up and starting to chant words that hadn't been heard for many thousand years.

The dragon roared once, a loud and pitiful roar, and started writhing amongst the gold. His body hitting several pillars, sending them crashing into the sea of gold that lay before them. The Hobbit had no idea what was happening and snuck past the dragon and the woman, but she noticed and pulled him towards her using a magic unknown to him. Whoever she was, he really did not want to know.

Nobody knew the wrath of this woman. Nobody knew what she was capable of. She was a myth wrapped up in a legend buried inside a whisper. The only record of her existence lay in the jewel that she wore around her neck. No one knew where she had come from or what she was or who she was. But the Hobbit did not ever want to lay eyes on her again. She was beautiful and mysterious. Skillful yet lethal. Enchanting but dangerous.