Chapter Five

Erebor

I could hear horses outside. They were moving out of Minas Tirith. They had taken my advice. Well at least he had sense to accept help when he needed it instead of being an ignorant fool, like most Kings. 

"Menyas teekla myla." (Let us go) I whispered to the dragon waiting by my side. The beast slowly opened an eye, having taken a quick nap to pass the time, and roused himself as I scrambled onto his back. "Head straight to Erebor, do not delay." He opened his giant wings and quietly lifted off the ground, flying out of the cave we chose to hide in. 

As the countryside passed below I found myself thinking back to how we came to be in this situation. If it wasn't for that Elvish filth my people would still be alive, I wouldn't be the last of my kind, and e could suppress this new evil without having to go to man for help. I hated this, relying on the men of Middle Earth to save it, it would involve questions and there was no time for prying. The Elves, the men, they always meddled in things they shouldn't. I remembered my last encounter with the Elven Prince, Legolas. He tried to control my will, tried to manipulate it for Elvish gain. But he miscalculated. I was stronger than him, I was wiser and knew his plan. I hated Elves, would never stop hating Elves. Not for what they did. 

I worried nonetheless, the wizard was present when I visited. If he had recognised me then it would cause more trouble, more questions. And there was no time, no time at all. 

"Smaug manos tedyon krina." (Should we fly low?) I asked and he agreed. Flying low over the mountains was a better idea.

Then we would not be so easily spotted by passing travelers. My mind wandered again and I ended up thinking what would have happened if men came looking. Curious men from Lake-Town, the Master of that town is vile, he is a selfish, pompous and dirty man. Who could not see past his own desire. I am glad that I sent some gold to them so that they could rebuild their town to its former glory, of course that sent them wondering.

The only man alive who knew I existed was a man named Bard, he was truthful and reliable. I trusted Bard. But I did not trust him with the secret of my people however. Bard is sadly dead now; he died a couple years ago. The only thing I told him was that I took up residence in Erebor and had orc slaves do my bidding.

The orcs. Low gruesome creatures that I enslaved and are now working the mines and manning the forges as I soar through the sky on a dragon. "We are close my Lady,"

"Good, land at the platform and I will use the key."

"Aren't you going to walk in the front door like you usually do?"

"No, Smaug I need some time to think about how I am going to play the Gondor King and his allies, I must give much thought to it." I thanked him and he dropped me at the Hidden Door.

I jumped off Smau's back and he took off again, making his way up to the top of the Mountain like he usually did. I used the Key to open the door and wandered around, ending up in the Hall of Kings. I had gotten the orcs to create a statue of Thorin Oakenshield so I could remember the bravery he showed during the Battle of Five Armies. It inspired me sometimes. Him and his kin. 

His death angered me, he was one of the few who showed true courage in this world. That was the last time I'd shown what power I held, the power of a Dragon Lord. 

I was so angry I unleashed one of my most powerful pieces of magic. The Fluctus Aquarum, et Ignis. The wave of water and fire. A wave made of water and fire, when unleashed it will engulf the target in flames then smash them into the ground and splash freezing water on them which creates a steam so painful death is instant. Azog would not kill anymore. Then I lay by Thorin's side and his last words were, stay strong Dragon Lord and may the hearts of mine own people be with you until your last dying breath, Dragon Lord of Water and Fire. I did not hear another word after that.

His nephews were distraught. They waded into a thick circle of Urukai and were slaughtered. My rage grew then, bigger than it had ever been and I held my sword with a ferocious dignity that I inspired the remaining dwarves to keep fighting, except I didn't, I just lifted my sword and struck lightning with it. At that moment Smaug came and rescued us all, that was when the others realized I was a Dragon Lord, the last Dragon Lord. What they didn't know was that I was a Queen amongst my people, but those dwarves were dead and there was no one left to remember that day except me and my dragon. I led such a sad life.

I stared at the giant statue of my hero for a long time, until Smaug came up to me saying there had been a fight amongst the orcs. I raced through the many halls with Smaug on my heels until I came to the forges, the orcs were trying to act natural but I knew something was up, I crouched and put my finger in a puddle of blood,

"You filthy ingrates! What is going on?!" I demanded standing back up,

"Nothing m-master everything is g-going according to s-schedule." An orc replied, but he was mistaken.

I drew my blade and drove it into his heart, he collapsed immediately and I wiped the blood off my sword using his rags.

"Does anyone else wish to lie to me?" I asked, no one answered,

"Good now get back to work!" I stormed back down the hall.

There was absolutely nothing to keep me busy around here. I made my way to the throne room and sat in the throne, propping one leg on the arm rest. Smaug lay next to me.

"Oh Smaug, what am I to do about the orcs? They are always killing each other. What should I do?" I asked, he sighed and closed his eyes,

"Kill them all and be done with it. They make this place smell putrid and sick anyway." He replied, I laughed. Smaug was my comfort.