Chapter Thirteen

The Lonely Mountain

“Oh Bolg! Where are they? They’re taking forever!” I screamed,

“They will be here soon mistress.”

“Well I wish they would move their behinds and get here quicker! My patience is growing thin!”

“Don’t worry. My orc scouts have found them and they are on their way as we speak. They have just exited the forest of Mirkwood.”

“Mirkwood you say?” I smiled.

They were getting closer. The orc nodded. I noticed him lingering.

“Leave me.” I commanded, he did what I said and left the room.

“Smaug!” I called out. He flew up to the throne and landed swiftly.

Yes my master?

“I want you to wait near the gates until the company arrives and then come in when I say.”

Yes of course. If I may ask what are you planning?

“I want to… surprise them.”

I hope you do. They deserve it.” He mumbled miserably.

I knew what he meant. They had done nothing while our race was being wiped out by Aethonnyn. I am sick to be related to him.

“Go.” I ordered. He bowed his head in respect.

“Oh Smaug.” I sighed and touched his face.

“There is no need to bow to me.” He grunted and flew out towards the gates of Erebor.

They opened with a loud creak and Smaug swooped out with one big flap of his wings. I smiled. He was so precious to me. I fiddled with the black diamond around my neck and my smile vanished, he reminded me so much of Thrausa. A single tear rolled down my cheek. Aethonnyn was going to pay for what he did.