Chapter 6 ~ Tricks up her sleeve

Starlight and Trixie ran. Trixie was having troubles keeping up. Starlight was getting annoyed of her slowness. The pony soon came into view.

"There she is," Starlight yelled. "Come on!" Starlight started to run faster. Trixie collapsed to the ground. She was out of breathe. Starlight hadn't noticed. Trixie just laid there. She didn't want to try to catch the pony. She was hoping Starlight wouldn't catch the pony, and eventually they would be saved. "Trixie, here! Now!"

Trixie sighed. She was about to get up, when she noticed something. There was something under the snow. She wiped the snow away to find some of her fireworks. She looked off the side of the mountain to see her wagon all the way at the bottom. It was destroyed. Trixie cursed under her breathe. She looked back at the fireworks. An idea came to her. Though she didn't want to help Starlight, she still needed to earn her trust. And these fireworks could help her make up for lost of time.

Trixie could hear Starlight yelling something in the distance. Trixie knew she would have to do this before Starlight saw her. She held on to one the the fireworks and lit it. She levitated the rest of them. The firework went off and she went flying. It was hard for her to control it at first, but eventually got the hang of it. Before she knew it, she passed Starlight. Starlight starred in confusion.

Trixie spotted Storm Caster. Storm Caster was close to the cave. Trixie set of some of the fireworks and released them. The sound got Storm Caster's attention. She turned around to see what it was. Trixie set off another firework towards a pile of snow above the mountain. The snow fell, stopping Storm Caster. Trixie let go of the firework and jumped into the snow. Storm Caster tried to crawl out of the snow. Trixie landed on her.

"Wow," Trixie said. "That actually worked." Starlight finally reached them. She stared in shock.

"W-What?"

"I did it. I found some of my firework and I used them to catch her." Trixie was pretty proud of herself. She grabbed Storm Caster and dragged her to Starlight. Storm Caster tried to run.

"No," Storm Caster yelled. "I was so close! Please! Let me go! If I make it to the cave I can get help!"

"Good job, Trixie,"  Starlight said, smiling. She didn't expect Trixie to actually come through in the end. She thought Trixie had also ran off. This pleased her.

"Trixie! Please!" Trixie wanted to let her go. She wanted to see her run to the cave and get help. No. She wanted to be the one to get help. She could probably use Storm Caster as a distraction. But there wasn't a guarantee that would work. She just started getting Starlight's trust. Why lose it now? She'd have to keep up the act for a bit longer.

"Heh," Trixie laughed. "Thanks. They don't call me the great and powerful for nothing."

"Let's get her back to the village," Starlight said.

They brought Storm Caster back to the village and locked her in the brainwashing house. The ponies complimented Trixie as she walked by. It felt good to praised. It had been too long since she felt like this. She saw Sugar Belle and waved. Sugar Belle just gave her a sad smile. Trixie ignored her and went to Starlight's house. It was dark out.

She walked up stairs to see Starlight sleeping. She still didn't like the idea of sleeping in the same bed as Starlight, but didn't feel like sleeping on the floor. Starlight was on one side of the bed. Trixie got on the other side. She was starting to fall asleep, when she felt Starlight move. Starlight was closer to her. Trixie didn't move. There was no where for her to move to. She sighed and tried to go to sleep.