Chapter 17 ~ Questioning

Starlight and Trixie fell onto the map. Starlight quickly stood up while Trixie sat there holding her head in her hooves. She had just about enough of time travel and the effects it was having on her. Starlight immediately noticed this. She had picked up on it the last couple trips they had made, but waited till she was finished to say anything.

"We don't have to time travel anymore," Starlight said, offering Trixie a calming smile. "Now, what to do about this map. It could be useful for if we ran into anymore obstacles, but could be dangerous in the wrong hooves."

"Why don't we just bring it with us," Trixie suggested. "Looks moveable. By the way, where are we going?"

"If I did this right, then a castle. Now, let's get the map and go."

The two attempted to pick it up with their hooves. They were able to get it off the ground, but quickly dropped it. It was too heavy. Trixie, forgetting about her lack of power, attempted levitating it. As to be expected, it didn't budge. Starlight told Trixie she could do it and then proceed to do so. Trixie gave her a suspicious look. Starlight seemed as if losing her cutie mark didn't affect her in the least bit. It had been bothering her for a while, but she had shook it off till now.

"Hey... Starlight," Trixie started.

"What is it, Trix," Starlight asked.

"Well... I've noticed you're able to use your magic perfectly. But how?" Starlight didn't answer right away. She had figured the question would appear soon, but had hoped Trixie hadn't catched on to her unnormal power.

"Oh. I... I've been without mine for such a long time, that I learned how to fully use my magic without it."

"Really?" Trixie's eyes lit up. "Can you teach me? I can't wait to be the great and powerful Trixie again!" Trixie jumped up and down with excitement.

Starlight looked away, not wanting Trixie to see the expression on her face. The thought of Trixie having her magic back angered her. She figured Trixie wouldn't need her anymore if it were to happen. And she couldn't accept that.

"No," Starlight said coldly. Trixie gave her a confused look. Starlight hadn't planned on answering why, so she just kept walking, hoping Trixie would drop it and do the same. But of course, it wasn't the end of it.

"Why," Trixie questioned.

"Because..." Starlight started walking faster.

"But-"

"There's the castle." Starlight hoped that would be enough to change the subject. Trixie stared at her before turning her attention to the castle. She gasped.

"Seriously!? It looks awesome! How-"

"Let's go." Starlight didn't feel like explaining anything to Trixie.

"Um... okay." Something about Starlight was starting to feel odd to Trixie. She slowly followed, keeping a distance fearing she had put Starlight in a bad mood. Starlight immediately noticed.

"Why are you all the way back there?" Trixie walked closer to Starlight. To her surprise, Starlight was smiling. It caused Trixie to smile as well. The two headed towards the castle.