Part 26 - Apologies

I was in bed on my phone spamming Kendall with text messages. I kept trying to call her and call her but she wouldn't answer.

I hear a knock at my door. "Come in."

The door opens slowly and I'm faced with Grayson who was staring at the ground. "You have a second to talk?"

I nod locking my phone. Grayson took a seat on my bed and he brought his hands to his face.

"I'm sorry."

I sat there surprised. I was speechless.

"I'm sorry that I made you change." He whispered. "With dad being gone, you were right, I did loose myself, E."

I sat up from my bed as I watch him.

"And I'm sorry for going against you. For trying to push you to hate her. Ever since dad left I wanted the both of us to put up walls, so nobody could come in and knock them down like he did." He says. "I didn't mean for it to go this far to the point where we were beating the shit out of people all the time and treating everyone like shit."

"It was hard."

"It was." He laughed sarcastically. "I didn't think you were really into her, I thought she thought that she was better than everyone else because of her grades. And yeah, I know about her having good grades. If she's tutoring you then obviously she will do."

"I care about her Gray."

"I know you do E." He whispered. "And I'm sorry."

I get out of bed and I embrace Grayson in a hug. We sat there. Just holding each other.