4.3 | Depressed Merlin- Part Three

╭┈─────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

╰┈➤ WARNING: this series may contain sensitive content. Readers are advised to proceed with caution. As of 2022, the author has started editing this set of one shots and deeply apologises to anyone their younger self may have triggered or upset by not putting a warning beforehand.

MERLIN KNEW ARthur was trying to be calm. He was trying to hide the panic and anger in his eyes, so as to not freak Merlin out, making him try again. But Arthur couldn't help himself. "What's there to talk about?! Merlin! You just tried to kill yourself! What the hell do you think I want to talk about!?" He yelled.

"Don't you think I know that Arthur?" Merlin yelled.

After another few minutes of silence Arthur spoke. "Why? Why did you do it?" He asked his once goofy, joyful servent.

"Because, I miss them...I miss Freya, Will, my father and Lance. I miss them all...and it's too hard." Merlin confessed.

"Too hard? What do you mean? Grieving them?"

Merlin shook his head, "It's complicated." He still couldn't tell Arthur the truth. Magic was still banned in Camelot. For now, anyway.

"Ok...um...who's Freya? If you don't want to say, it's fine. I get it." Arthur rambled, nervously.

"No, no. I'll tell you. It's okay. Freya...we were in love, you see? And well, she was a druid and she was cursed by this witch because she killed her son in self defense. Y-you remember when the slave trader came to Camelot?" He asked. Arthur nodded. "Yeah well, that girl he brought...s-she was freya. And when she turned into the bastet I could tame her. We were going to run away together...but I didn't get to her in time...s-she was fatally injured. She was killed by-"

"Me..." Arthur finished, "Oh my gods! Merlin, I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay, Arthur. I don't blame you."

Arthur sighed inwardly. Why would someone so selfless and kind want to kill themselves Everyone loses someone eventually. And everyone grieves. So, Arthur didn't understand why it was so hard for Merlin to cope. When Arthur looked into Merlin's eyes they looked conflicted. Like he was making a big decision. He looked exactly like how he did when he was going to jump. And that scared Arthur. "Merlin?" Arthur asked, nervously.

"Yeah?"

"Pleasd don't do it again...?" He tried.

Merlin took a deep breath, mumbling, "You can't understand Arthur. And I can't help you to understand either. I can't promise you anything. So, I wouldn't ask questions that I can't answer. Goodnight...sire." Merlin yawned, crawling into his make shift bed.

The king left baffled.

═════════•°• Don't be a silent reader, please vote if you enjoyed this! •°•═════════

---

◦•●◉✿ 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴𝓴𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓷 ✿◉●•◦

---