Chapter 2: Auto?

Dedicated to @akila23. You are just plain awesome. Thank you. :)

Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.

- Samuel Butler

The apartment was practically in rent for the students so we did not have to get extra furniture sand stuff. Even this house had a door opening to the balcony whose walls were painted off-white, not the greatest color in the world according to me. The brown railings on the window ensured all the security - whether anyone wanted to jump in or jump out; sorry, no entry either way. Plastics were wrapped up and I guessed it was for the rains.

The living-drawing room was to the left and imagine my surprise when I saw it was pretty big! I never imagined a student rented house would have a living-drawing. There were some bean bags and an armchair. A television sat perched on top of a wooden case. Checking whether the lights work or not, we left for the rooms. There were two rooms; one for two. " So, two more people are coming, " I mentally thought. " Wander who they are. " my nose cringed at the thought of having strangers as room-mates. What if they were snooty and snobby? Whatever. When checking the rooms I saw one was big enough for three people; three single beds lay side by side. My bad, three more people are coming. I inwardly groaned. I never handle strangers well.

I sighed and took the first room having two beds. I want Olivia here and no one else. I kept the luggage down and sat on the bed clad in white thick sheet. The room has been swiped clean of any spiders. Ugh, I hate them. And reptiles. And insects of all classes.

Mom went to check the bathroom. " Where's Olivia? " she asked from inside.

" On her way. "

Mom was going to stay for the week. She managed to get a week off from the office. This was my first time away from home and as the click ticked by I dreaded it even more. I never even slept over at my friends. How am I gonna manage here? Just perfect.

I looked around the room. The lavender colored room with fluorescent stars dotted on the ceilings really gave a homey look. There was a steel wardrobe ( good thinking against the bugs, owner! ) with a mirror attached to the side.

Suddenly a shriek sounded.

" Amayaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! "

Olivia ran and tackled me to the bed. " Gah! Olivia! " I managed to say. The brown haired brown eyed sweet girl laid on me giving me a bear hug; a very squeezy one.

" Olivia! Get off! " I managed to say in a squeaky voice.

" Aww, but you are so cozy! "

I almost saw her pout those pink lips in my mind. And with that she began ticking my most ticklish spot, my thighs.

" Oh hell Olivia! No! No! Get off! "

She jerked up laughing hysterically. Her mom must have gone in to see my mom. I decided to go meet her.

" Hello, aunty, " I greeted.

" Ah, Amaya dear! " she smiled. " How are you? You look disastrous, " she said giggling.

I know, I know. With the puffed face, disheveled hair and scrunched up clothes, I might have as well stepped out of a washing machine.

" What else do you expect, Bhabi? This sleepy head keeps on sleeping the whole day. Look at her! "

Okay fine, I was a bit fat. Nothing to rub salt on, I inwardly grumbled.

" I think I am gonna go shower. "