Chapter 12: Sky's thoughts

Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.

                     - Ursula K. Le Guin

Sky's POV

" Hey Sky, " I hear a shrill feminine voice behind me making me flinch.

" Hey there. How're your friends? "

Bianca sat down with a huff and looked down.

" They all hate me Sky, " she said in a broken voice.

" Why would they hate you? " I said keeping my joy-stick down. Normally I wouldn't have cared but after what Amaya said I need to care.

" They always have. From school. That Rebecca girl seems to be fine but the other short one, Tina I guess... I have a feeling she is like that bitch Amaya. "

My fists closed automatically and I looked down so that she couldn't see my reaction.

" What did Amaya do? "

" You won't believe if I told you bro, " she said.

" Go on, I won't tell her. "

" She literally accused me of using drugs. I mean how could that bitch? "

I looked at her closely, trying to catch any lie. But couldn't. Wow, she is a very good actress.

" Hmm, that's bad. "

" I mean she looks so innocent and all but is such a.... ugh, there isn't any word for her. "

Lord save me, I thought.

" Lord save her, " I spoke out loud.

" She is gonna need someone more bro. "

I hated her calling me bro.

" Yeah, sure. "

" Don't you go talking to her. She is dangerous. "

Dangerous as my little eyelash, I thought.

I nodded and started playing the game again.

Amaya- Amaya wasn't like that. In fact, I had never met anyone like her. She was such a treasure to me. You rarely meet paths with such people and when you do, you ought to hold on to them.

I had few friends. Other than my best buddies Oliver and Steve, I rarely hung out. People would call us SOS. That was funny.

And Amaya, the moment she walked in, I had a gut feeling, " Go get her. "

It suddenly sounded on my mind and I did what it told me to. I was thinking how to talk to her and make friends. And well, nature had made that path so easy.

And from then on, it was a full on fun friendship. I would wait for that 7 o'clock just to meet her, watch her talk and hear her laugh.

The way her ear-rings would jingle when she laughed, the way her nose would cringe up when she was angry and that look when she had first seen my dimple.

And that heart breaking moment when she cried. And that precious moment when she held me during my time.

This is what I want. But maybe something more than friendship. One month- one single month sent me flying over the moon dreaming about her.

Her wavy dark hair. She would look so cute in a blue streak. Her brown eyes, their depth and when I had clearly seen her eyes in the dark that day, I knew she had kept so many things bottled up in her.